Key change at end of flow (system)

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.

Key change at end of flow (system)

Postby carlvandoorne » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Hello,

I'm learning dorico by making my own version of Burgmuller op.100 25 etudes. In nr 14 there is at the end of the last bar a da capo followed by a key change. Is it possible to add the key change after the double bar? I don't know if it is possible at this time. Of course, I could copy the whole passage after this last bar, but as a learning process it's good to know all the possibilities of this marvelous program
burgmuller 14 ending.png
END OF OP.100 NR14
(27.74 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Kind regards
Carl
Pianist/Arranger using Surface pro 4, Sonar prof. XLN drums 2, XLN Keys, Dorico 1.0.30, Cantabile perfomer, Bomes Midi Translator pro, IconnectAudio4.
carlvandoorne

Re: Key change at end of flow (system)

Postby Daniel at Steinberg » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:10 am

Unfortunately if that really is the last bar of the piece, you can't currently add a key signature there. If, on the other hand, the piece continues onto the next system, then creating the key signature at the start of the next system will cause a cautionary key signature to be shown at the end of the previous one, just as you show in your picture.
Daniel at Steinberg
Steinberg Employee

Postby carlvandoorne » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for clearing this out. It is indeed the end of the piece (flow). I have seen this also in jazz lead sheets. Is it possible in near future to have control over such a feature..?

Thank you for the time you'r taking to answer all of these questions, it is much appreciated.
Carl
Pianist/Arranger using Surface pro 4, Sonar prof. XLN drums 2, XLN Keys, Dorico 1.0.30, Cantabile perfomer, Bomes Midi Translator pro, IconnectAudio4.
carlvandoorne

Postby Daniel at Steinberg » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:52 am

I'm afraid it's probably not going to be possible in the near future, but we certainly do want to take into consideration how to handle reminders of things like changes of clef, key, and time signature when repeating back to an earlier part in the flow in due course.
Daniel at Steinberg
Steinberg Employee

Return to Dorico