Bug or misprint?

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.

Bug or misprint?

Postby Dagrace » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:32 pm

I found a couple more things that don't behave as advertised. Don' know if the doc is just wrong or if it's a bug.

1) In Daniels pegged FAQ thread, it says

How do I change the pitch of notes I've entered?
To change the pitch of a selected note, use Alt+up/down arrow. Use Ctrl+Alt+up/down arrow to transpose by octaves. Use Shift+Alt+up/down arrow to change the pitch by a smaller amount, normally a half-step (semitone).

If I select a note, Alt + up or down does in fact move the pitch up and down the scale. Very nice. Shift+Alt + up r down does move semitones.

CTL+ ALT plus down inverts the entire screen. Fortunately, CTL+ALT+ up rotates it again. Is this an Easter Egg?

Anyone else get this effect?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
(168.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Dagrace

Re: Bug or misprint?

Postby fratveno » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:58 pm

Not an easter egg, but a Windows feature with certain graphics adapters and can be disabled :)

EDIT: For the Surface Pro, the shortcuts are handled by an app called iRotate which launches with W. From it's icon in the taskbar one can either close it for the session, or set it not to load automatically as W. starts. It can be started manually at any time.
Last edited by fratveno on Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cubase Pro 9/VEP network - Dorico 1.0.30 - Finale 2012c [and 25.3] (user since V1 (1988)) - Notation Composer 3.0.6 - on Windows 7. Hauptwerk and too many sound libraries. [evaluating NotePerformer 2.0.2]
fratveno

Re: Bug or misprint?

Postby MarcLarcher » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:13 pm

This is something that has been heavily discussed among Windows users in the early days of Dorico… I'll try to find the thread.
https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... rtcut.html
OS X 10.11.6, macbook pro retina Late 2013
Opera singer (lyric tenor), photographer, sound engineer, XeLaTeX user and a sometimes music engraver
MarcLarcher

Return to Dorico