Now for your project: I see why it is not playing back. It is the well known port mapping issue, actually a bug in Dorico. Once the project gets into this state of missing port mapping information, it stays muted forever, unless one applies a little trick. We have also a proper fix for it and it's waiting to be released in the next Dorico update.
I've attached a new version of your project. If you load that and go to Play Mode and choose Play > Apply Default Playback Template, then the project shall sound again.
You said it is a strip down version of a larger project. You could post the original file for me to do the trick again, or you could try yourself, it is not so difficult.
- Choose your favourite zipper tool (mine is 7zip) and unzip the Dorico project. That's right, despite the ending .dorico it is just a zipped archive.
- After unpacking you'll find 2 *.dtn files and 2 folders. Navigate to supplementary_data\vstaudioengine\enginedata and delete that file
- Go back to the level where the *.dtn files are and zip up the whole lot again. Instead of *.zip give it the ending *.dorico
- That's it, load into Dorico and do the Apply Default Playback Template. And don't forget to save again.
- (149.87 KiB) Downloaded 4 times