extent line of technique

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.

extent line of technique

Postby mdedwards » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:51 pm

Hello all,

The Feature Overview PDF says this: "Any playing technique can be drawn with a hooked line or arrow to clearly show its extent"

I'd really like to use this (excellent) feature but can't find out how to do it anywhere. Is it implemented already?

Best, Michael
mdedwards

Re: extent line of technique

Postby MarcLarcher » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:28 pm

I think it would appear in the properties panel, when you select the technique. I know it works for trill, for instance…
OS X 10.11.6, macbook pro retina Late 2013
Opera singer (lyric tenor), photographer, sound engineer, XeLaTeX user and a sometimes music engraver
French is my native language
MarcLarcher

Postby mdedwards » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Thanks Marc. I'm still confused though. I see I can put a trill over several notes by first selecting all the notes, then clicking on the trill. That extends a line over them all. But doing this with a playing technique doesn't do the same thing and I don't see anything in the properties that would let me edit this "by hand". Best, Michael
mdedwards

Postby Daniel at Steinberg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:06 am

I'm afraid that line is not quite right in the PDF, and I will fix it as soon as it is practical do so. It is planned that we should draw continuations for playing techniques with lines and arrows, but we haven't had a chance to complete this yet.
Daniel at Steinberg
Steinberg Employee

Postby mdedwards » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:31 am

Ah, OK, thanks Daniel, I thought something like that might be the case. Best, Michael
mdedwards

Return to Dorico