font sizes problem

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
Lars Carlsson

font sizes problem

Post by Lars Carlsson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:42 pm

Hello!

It seems like the staff relative size option works differently or not at all in font styles according to paragraph styles? (Or that I do something wrong.) The metronome text-size and the bar number size becomes larger than the staff labels and default text even if the are set to the exactly same variables. I attach a screenshot of the two texts with the same sizes, 10 pts staff relative. But the metronome text is bigger.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-06-08 at 10.54.25.png
(26.45 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Daniel at Steinberg

Re: font sizes problem

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:28 pm

You are correct that there is a discrepancy in size between a Shift+X text item and e.g. a tempo item that uses nominally identical font size. We'll look into this.

Lars Carlsson

Post by Lars Carlsson » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Ok, many thanks for your quick response, again! I am sure that you have good reasons for having two menus for fonts at the moment (font styles, and paragraph styles) but it is a little bit confusing. Especially the page number, that exists in both. I also really miss an apply button in font styles, if I want to try different fonts and sizes to set nice typings I need to reopen the window over and over again. But of course, thats not a high priority problem. :-)

GTBannah

Post by GTBannah » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:01 pm

Lars Carlsson wrote:.... I am sure that you have good reasons for having two menus for fonts at the moment (font styles, and paragraph styles) but it is a little bit confusing. ....
I know this is leaning more towards word processing, but it would be nice to have text boxes and things of that nature too, as part of the publishing aspect.
Derrkins

If that's really what you hear, Play It, Sing It, Write It or Program It!

Mac Mini, 2.6 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM; OS X El Sierra 10.12.4; Nuendo 7 + NEK, Sibelius 7.5, iPad Pro 13", Cubasis, WaveLab 9.00, (Dorico. Couldn't wait anymore. Started learning it).

Return to “Dorico”