Versions of a score in Dorico?

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.

Versions of a score in Dorico?

Postby JonathanK » Sun Jun 18, 2017 3:48 pm

I am new to Dorico having recently purchased it. The paradigm Dorico follows is very appealing and I hope the software becomes a huge success. As should be expected with a software of this magnitude and newness, many necessary features are in process to be included over time.

One feature I am either missing or may not yet be implemented (or is even planned to be implemented) is a score versioning feature a la Sibelius. This is something I rely on with many arrangements I do for school and personal projects. For example, I may take a J.S. Bach piece, engrave it as Urtext and then make different arrangements keeping all the different versions in one file instead of many.

I don't see the Project/Flow method being effective in this scenario. Is there any chance of score versioning becoming a part of Dorico if it is not already?

Thanks.

Jonathan
JonathanK

Re: Versions of a score in Dorico?

Postby fratveno » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:47 pm

To me it sounds like the Flow concept would be just perfect for your needs :) (but no versions as D stands)
Cubase Pro 9.0.20/VEP 6 network - Dorico 1.1 - Finale 2012c [and 25.3] (user since V1 (1988)) - Notation Composer 3.0.6 - on Windows 7. Hauptwerk and too many sound libraries. [evaluating NotePerformer 2.0.2]
fratveno

Postby Romanos401 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:54 pm

fratveno wrote:To me it sounds like the Flow concept would be just perfect for your needs :) (but no versions as D stands)

I quite agree... If anything, creating a new flow for each arrangement seems superior to simply parsing through versions of a document.
Romanos401

Postby JonathanK » Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:57 pm

Thanks for your replies. I'll make flow work for me.
JonathanK

Return to Dorico