Clef change splitting double repeat

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
wconable

Clef change splitting double repeat

Post by wconable » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:43 am

I would like to have this clef change appear after the double repeat bar; but Dorico wants to split the repeat like this:
Screenshot 2017-07-16 22.39.01.png
(12.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Probably I don't know what I'm doing, but I really would prefer the clef change to happen inside the bar after the repeat. Is there a way to accomplish this?

Daniel at Steinberg

Re: Clef change splitting double repeat

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:10 am

Unfortunately at the moment there is no way to force this clef to appear after the barline. What Dorico does is logically correct, but not everybody likes it! We will hopefully be able to introduce a means of forcing a clef to appear after the barline in the future, but I'm not sure when that will be.

LeifG

Post by LeifG » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:49 pm

I'm not around Dorico right now, but I suppose if you really want to, you could hide the clef, move the first notes after the clef change a little to the right and add a C-clef glyph where you want it. Hopefully it only occurs a few times in your score...

Rob Tuley

Post by Rob Tuley » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:28 pm

If you don't care about playback, you can attach the clef to the second note after the repeat, and then move it past the first note with the Horizontal Spacing option in engrave mode - but you have to write the first note at the "wrong" pitch to make it look correct.

LeifG

Post by LeifG » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Rob Tuley wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:28 pm
If you don't care about playback, you can attach the clef to the second note after the repeat, and then move it past the first note with the Horizontal Spacing option in engrave mode - but you have to write the first note at the "wrong" pitch to make it look correct.
Undoubtedly simpler than my suggestion!

Return to “Dorico”