Placement of Systemtext / Systemobjects?

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
Amadeus14

Placement of Systemtext / Systemobjects?

Post by Amadeus14 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:43 am

How can I display system text or system objects over other instruments or instrument groups? In my example (see attached image), it is not possible to display the system text above e.g. the dulcimer or the zither, or - more importantly - above the rythm group (= guitar and double bass).
Is there something in Dorico that I have still not seen or is this currently not possible in Dorico? Using "instrument groups" doesn't change anything.

Additional question: is planned to implement "a prevention of collision" for "systemtext" with other musical objects (e.g. rehearsal marks, tempo ..) as it is already implemented for systemobjects?
Systemtext.jpg
(597.87 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Daniel at Steinberg

Re: Placement of Systemtext / Systemobjects?

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:18 am

I may be misunderstanding you, in which case my apologies, but I believe the options you're looking for are under 'System Objects' on the Staves and Systems page of Layout Options.

Amadeus14

Post by Amadeus14 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:50 am

Thank you very much for quick response and sorry, Daniel, I think my first try of explanation is not done clearly/well.

What you wrote, is exactly what I did. In the picture of my first post in this topic you see, that all checkboxes are activated with the result you see in the scoore left of the Layout Options menu in this picture (systemtext.jpg)

Another way to ask my question could be: what checkbox do I have to activate to get automatically systemtext/systemobjects shown in fullscores or scores with more staves above instruments/players like e.g. dulcimer, zither, guitar, double bass .... ?

Or (referring to the first line of "System Objects" on the Staves and Systems page of Layout Options): Which instrument family are e.g. dulcimer, zither, guitar, double bass and therefore: which (missing?) checkbox do I have to activate to get my result?
Systemtext_Layout options 4 both layouts.jpg
(468.43 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I'll try to give you another example to show you my problem:
When I enter a "systemtext" object, it is of course shown in all parts!
But in parts with more staves/instruments or in the full score
(see attached files
Systemtext_Layout guitar.jpg
(327.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Systemtext_Layout full score.jpg
(541.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet
)
I'd like to show systemtext in special instruments / instrument groups. In my example with a voice and the guitar it's the score of a guitar with additional smallsized information of the voice score. The systemtext is shown above the voice stave ((unfortunatly) as small as the voice stave is reduced). Now I'd like to see the systemtext in all layouts additional e.g. above the guitare stave. In my opinion (as I stated at the beginning), it's with the existant parameters in the Layout options not possible to place the system objects/system text e.g. there.

By the way: congratulation to version 1.1 - it's really amazing and great! Although missing some features there is no way back to Sibelius!!

Daniel at Steinberg

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:57 am

Sorry, I didn't read your first message closely enough – one of the perils of replying to forum messages late at night after a busy day.

In theory you should find that system objects like system text, tempo items, and so on appear above guitar and zither staves when you choose 'Fretted instruments', and of course for a double bass you should check 'Strings'.

If these aren't working as expected for you, it would be helpful to get a look at your project: if you don't want to attach it here, please email it to d dot spreadbury at steinberg dot de with a link to this forum thread in the email so I can remember what I'm supposed to be looking at.

Ed Hirschman

Post by Ed Hirschman » Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:31 am

I need to repeat system objects a few times within the brass family as in this original Finale file (screenshot attached) Is this not possible yet?
Attachments
repeat_system_objects.png
(23.18 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Daniel at Steinberg

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:43 pm

No, I’m afraid not: at the moment, Dorico will only show them above the first bracket for a given family.

Ed Hirschman

Post by Ed Hirschman » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:46 am

I wound up taking a screen shot of each rehearsal mark and pasting them into image frames as a workaround.

Return to “Dorico”