Extend crescendo's in Daniel's ISM webinair

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
Cees Coenen CCMP

Extend crescendo's in Daniel's ISM webinair

Post by Cees Coenen CCMP » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:19 am

I've looking to the ISM webinair https://www.ism.org/professional-develo ... n-software to find out 'hidden tricks' or something and yes... for me I have found one:

Putting in a dynamic like p< with the caret activated: pressing space bar will extend the crescendo to the next notes. Is it possible to:
- shorten this on the same way?
- do this without the caret activated? When I press the spacebar without the caret the playback starts.
Dorico 1.1.10 - Cubase 9 Pro - Notion 6 - Studio One 3 - Logic Pro X - Ableton Live - Mac OSX - Finale 25.1

fkretlow

Re: Extend crescendo's in Daniel's ISM webinair

Post by fkretlow » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:39 am

Are you aware that you can lengthen or shorten most (any?) objects that have a duration with shift-alt-left/right arrow? I’m not sure if that’s what you mean.
Florian

Cees Coenen CCMP

Post by Cees Coenen CCMP » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:55 am

Yes, I'm aware of that. But I saw that the spacebar also was used for lengthen the crescendo.
Dorico 1.1.10 - Cubase 9 Pro - Notion 6 - Studio One 3 - Logic Pro X - Ableton Live - Mac OSX - Finale 25.1

Daniel at Steinberg

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:16 am

You can only input hairpins in this way during step input, i.e. when the caret is visible. I personally find this the most efficient way of inputting dynamics. You cannot shorten a hairpin again during step-time input in the same way, though.

Return to “Dorico”