"Hiding" text

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
normberk

"Hiding" text

Post by normberk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:01 am

It's been pointed out that Dorico doesn't have a feature to "hide" text, so that, say, text can appear in a part without also appearing in the score -- or vice versa. (Shift-X is part-specific but the text so entered also shows up in the score.) I think it would be useful to allow some text to be entered in parts alone. A common case would be indicating tempo in the score with both the standard words (Adagio, etc.) and metronome marks, but showing only the associated word in parts. In a band or orchestra, typically it's the conductor who needs the metronome specification, not the players -- assuming they watch the conductor ;)

--N

k_b

Re: "Hiding" text

Post by k_b » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:41 am

... I assume instrumentalists would need the same information - if they practise their parts (for example).

fkretlow

Re: "Hiding" text

Post by fkretlow » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:59 am

I agree that this would be useful.
In the meantime you can hide text in individual layouts with the color property. If you haven’t done so, take a look at the last but one (I think) discover Dorico video on youtube. John explains the process in depth there.

EDIT: It's the latest discover dorico video, the one from September, around 12:20.
Florian

Return to “Dorico”