Playback for snare drum w/brushes?

Hi, Daniel.

I had the same question, I opened your file and looked at the playing techniques that you configured for the snare drum but do not understand what is going on there.

1. Is there any documentation that covers setting up playing techniques in drum kits? I searched the PDF as well as the online help but didn’t find anything.
  2. In the Playing Techniques dialog, what is the difference between the top section where I can add a playing technique, and the left part of the lower section where I can add more or less the same techniques? This dialog is not really self-explanatory to me.
  3. When I select the “Swish” technique you created and click on the edit button, the list that opens then does not have any “Swish” entry. So how did you create this? Same for “Slap”.
  4. I was searching for a “Brushes” technique, but can’t find it. What do I select?
  5. When I click the “Swish” technique, the left part of the lower section is empty. When I then click on the plus sign there, it adds a “Standard” entry that has automatically selected the “Swish” technique. I feel that this entry should have been there in the first place, is that a bug?
  6. How should I know that “Slap” or “Swish” are brush techniques…?

Thanks for your answers, E.