Autohotkey Script for Filter Menu

Got tired of popping the filter menu open all the time so made a quick Autohotkey Script.

Since you can’t access Filter:Notes in Chords via key commands I made a mini floating tool palette that does it for me. Radio button for select/deselect and a hotkey CTRL+F to open the filter menu. CTRL+X with the toolbar in focus will exit it. Toolbar always floats on top. Relatively new to scripting so no guarantees it will work for everyone but it’s been great for me.

Autohotkey is unfortunately Windows only, you can find it here: https://www.autohotkey.com
Paste the script below into a new text document and rename it with file extension .ahk to run.

Mac alternative that might work: ControllerMate

#SingleInstance, force
;-----------

; GUI LAYOUT
;-----------

;;Titles
Gui, Add, Text, x10 y10, Note in Chord

;;Buttons
Gui, Add, Button, w100 gTopNote, Top Note
Gui, Add, Button, w100 gSecondNote, Second Note
Gui, Add, Button, w100 gThirdNote, Third Note
Gui, Add, Button, w100 gFourthNote, Fourth Note
Gui, Add, Button, w100 gBottomNote, Bottom Note

;;Radio Selectors
Gui, Add, Radio, gSelectOnly Checked, Select Only
Gui, Add, Radio, gDeselectOnly, Deselect Only

;;Subtext
Gui, Add, Text, x10 y230, CTRL+F opens Filter Menu

;;Properties
Gui, +AlwaysOnTop
Gui, Show, x800 w200 h250,Dorico Filter Macros
return
;-----------

; BUTTON ACTIONS
;-----------

GuiClose:
	ExitApp
	return

TopNote:
	WinActivate, ahk_exe Dorico.exe
	send, !el{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Right}{Enter}
	return

SecondNote:
	send, !el{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Right}{Down}{Enter}
	return

ThirdNote:
	send, !el{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Right}{Down}{Down}{Enter}
	return

FourthNote:
	send, !el{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Right}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Enter}
	return

BottomNote:
	send, !el{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Right}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Down}{Enter}
	return

SelectOnly:
	send, !el{Enter}
	return

DeselectOnly:
	send, !el{Down}{Enter}
	return

;-----------

; DORICO HOTKEYS
;-----------

;; Open Filter Menu
#IfWinActive ahk_exe Dorico.exe
^f:: send, !el

;-----------

; EXIT APP
#IfWinActive, Dorico Filter Macros
^x::ExitApp

Lee, thanks for sharing this. I’m using a mac so it probably won’t work for me but I have some questions:
1 - how do you run scripts in Dorico? (no need for lengthy answer if you can point me in the right direction)
2a - what programming language is this?
2b - where can I find resources to learn to code in this script?

Thanks

This tutorial might point you in the right direction. Note the warnings stated at the bottom.

Scripts in Dorico isn’t a big thing yet, I actually haven’t been able to get it to work for myself. It seems like something has to be entered in notation for it to register and for simply choosing menu options and selections I couldn’t get it to work.

Autohotkey is it’s own scripting language, not sure if it’s based on something. I thought there was a mac version but looking into it I was mistaken. This is where to find it though: https://www.autohotkey.com

There is another program called ControllerMate for Mac that is similar and might work instead of Autohotkey for macs: ControllerMate

OK, I didn’t realize autohotkey was a thirdparty app, I thought it was some function of Dorico.