Shortcut gone with 1.2.10

Discussions about our next-generation scoring application, Dorico.
trompetolero

Shortcut gone with 1.2.10

Post by trompetolero » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:47 pm

Hi

I'm using Dorico on OSX 10.13.3. Keyboard is set to German/Swiss.
Since I updated to 1.2.10, the shortcut "ß" for Bb-flat doesn't work anymore. What can I do? I don't want to change my keyboard settings.

thanks in advance for your help!

Daniel at Steinberg

Re: Shortcut gone with 1.2.10

Post by Daniel at Steinberg » Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:28 pm

Sorry, I don’t know which command this is supposed to be the shortcut for: is this a shortcut you defined yourself in previous versions?

k_b

Post by k_b » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:59 am

Daniel, ß is the regular (default) place for a flat on a german keyboard layout in macOS:

Attachments
Key Commands German keyboard.png
(102.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

k_b

Post by k_b » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:05 am

trompetolero wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:47 pm
Hi

I'm using Dorico on OSX 10.13.3. Keyboard is set to German/Swiss.
Since I updated to 1.2.10, the shortcut "ß" for Bb-flat doesn't work anymore. What can I do? I don't want to change my keyboard settings.

thanks in advance for your help!
trompetolero, in Doricos Help Menu you will find „Key Commands“. You can search for „Flat“ or just scroll down, where it will show your actual key commands for your Dorico setup. If your Application language is set to German, the Menu will be called „Hilfe“. Look up „Tastaturbefehle“, then search for „Vorzeichen“

Attachments
Tastaturbefehle.png
(40.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by k_b on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

trompetolero

Post by trompetolero » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:49 pm

Thanks for your answers. I am aware of the help/shortcuts-option.

Switzerland has it's own keyboard layout which is different from the German one. Especially as we don't even have the letter "ß". We can create it via "alt+s" but it's uncommon.
I created my own (alt+S) shortcut now, which is the same as before the update. Just so you know about the strange disappearing of a shortcut in a small country in Western Europa that is really complicated to understand in terms of languages and keyboard layouts.

k_b

Post by k_b » Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:33 am

trompetolero,

I did not want to make you paranoid about the size of your country (it does not matter), just show the procedure to look up that shortcut on your individual computer.

[edit] I just see, you have solved it :-)

pss: when I communicate with my swiss friends and colleagues, I always make sure to use the ss instead of ß. It looks more modern and at some point the germans will probably catch up.

To get back to musical issues, one thing I often stumble upon is the spelling of Basso. In old scores I will quite often find a spelling that looks like Baßso or Basßo (either way round). Or is it just Baßo and one notices two letters merging into one?? How nice to be able to solve this problem by just writing Bass or Basso :-)

SeeWhat

Post by SeeWhat » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:17 pm

And in the french part of Switzerland (even smaller) we have our own keyboard layout https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... mst870.htm
with Its own peculiarities concerning Dorico :lol:
Claude
Win10 pro 64; RME multiface; Sibelius 2018; Dorico 1.20.10; Cubase Pro 9.5.21 x64 ; Cubase Elements 9.5.21; Melodyne; Amazing Slow Downer; Adam S2-A.
My native language is french, my english SoSo...

Return to “Dorico”