Expression Maps

While I’m editing an Expression Map, there are a few questions I would like to ask.

1. I inserted two trills in the score. One is a half step, the other a whole step one. The Playing Techniques lane shows them as “pt.trill.half” and “pt.trill.whole”. I don’t know how to find them, to assign them an action in the Expression Map. Where are them? How can I access them? In my Expression Map two new techniques were appended, with a name revealing nothing; they included no actions.

2. While the name doesn’t appear in the Playing Techniques lane, it seems that my programming for the “Trill (half-step)” and “Trill (whole step)” techniques in the Expression Map was however used. Maybe these are just alternative names for the techniques cited in point 1?

I assigned to these techniques a bundle of Program Change, Keyswitch and Keyswitch Velocity (two messages). The Program Change and Keyswitch are correctly interpreted by VSL’s Vienna Instruments Pro. Keyswitch Velocity (the second value in the Keyswitch message) was interpreted incorrectly. While I entered the values 8 and 18, they were both interpreted as something like 96 or around it.

Is this an issue with Dorico, or Vienna Instruments Pro? This same bundle in Logic works perfectly with the same VI instrument.

This is how one of the techniques appears in my Expression Map:
dorico-map.png
Paolo