Cubase 9.5.20 and the Yamaha Steinberg Driver

Hi everyone. I just upgraded Cubase AI to 9.5.20, because 9.5 didn’t display waveform data for me and wouldn’t play audio tracks until I clicked on them with the Play cursor. Now, even after un- and re-installing the most recent Yamaha driver (YSUSB_V1910-2_Win), it isn’t recognizing the driver at all, only giving me the choice of the Generic USB Audio driver.

On the one hand, this solved the waveform display issue I was having; after all, you can’t miss waveform data if you can’t record. On the other hand, this is a pretty big problem. Is anyone else having this issue?

For the record, I am recording through a THR10 running firmware 1.4.

I forgot to put this information in the original post:

Windows 10
Nvidia GeForce 1060, updated to latest drivers
Normally use M-Audio Mobile Pre for sound, but, for this, using the Yamaha THR10

Please let me know if there is any other necessary information.

I still have the .zip for Cubase AI 9.5. Would I run into any licensing issues if I removed 9.5.20 and re-installed 9.5?

A new version of the Yamaha Steinberg USB driver came out, so I installed that. It still doesn’t show the driver in Cubase.

That said, the driver itself is working. I can still use the THR Editor software that interacts with the amp and requires the driver. All signs are pointing to Cubase being the issue.

Is there a way to revert back to 9.5 without reinstalling Cubase?

Big ol’ edit:

Poking through the Ports.xml file, I noticed that the THR inputs and outputs are still there. Here is the file with unnecessary sections relating to the generic ASIO drivers removed:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-
-
-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I think the problem is this bit below. It looks like the THR drivers are not listed under Mappings:

-
-

-

The mappings section looks like it maps audio sources to destinations, but I’m a little confused, seeing as both of the SourceIDs and DestIDs are marked as outputs. What makes sense, from what I can see, is to mark the I|Yamaha Steinberg USB ASIO|THR Guitar DI 1" and DI 2 inputs as sources, and the matching outputs as destinations.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

I wound up un- and re-installing Cubase, reverting back to 9.5. It recognized the driver, so I am able to record again. The waveform still does not display; I see a solid line rather than an actual waveform. The driver issue, though, is resolved.