Reactivation won't work.

Hi, all.
I recently changed my laptop and have tried to reactivate my Cubase 9 LE, but the eLicenser won’t show me the new code. It still shows me the old code. What should I do in this case?

What do you mean by old code? Do you get some sort of error?

Please follow these instructions to reactivate your license:

The old code means the old license which I purchased. I clicked the Reactivate button and launched the eLicenser, but nothing was changed.

I already tried the instruction you gave me, but it won’t work.

After you click reactivate, you need to:

-Copy the code
-Open the eLicenser Control Center
-Click “Enter Activation Code”
-Right click to paste the reactivation code you received

It’s not automatic.

After I click the Reactivate button, a new page shows up and asks me below:

Please enter the new Soft-eLicenser number. A reactivation provides you with new Activation Codes for all contained product licenses to download them again via the eLicenser Control Center after a reinstallation of the operating system or the switch to a new computer.

So, how do I get the new code?

Try installing the eLicenser Installation Helper:

Then enter the Soft eLicenser number shown to the left when you run the eLicenser Control Center.

Yes, that’s what I did, and the eLicenser shows me only the old license key. That’s why I cannot go ahead.

This installer will force the Control Center to build a new Soft-eLicenser with a new unique number.

I am sorry, but I thought it was the same one I downloaded. It works now. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

After the update of Windows 10 1803:

I have a similar problem too. My laptop was broken and I reactivated Cubase on another laptop while mine was being fixed. When I got it back I tried to reactivate it on mine and even though it gave me a new activation code, it doesn’t work. It says it’s alreeady being used. Can someone please help me with that?

did you solve this? I’m having the same problem. Got sent new code, cannot use it as it tells me it’s been used.