Cubasele8 freezes after half hour or so

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
Post Reply
Robert Donithan
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:44 pm
Contact:

Cubasele8 freezes after half hour or so

Post by Robert Donithan » Sat May 26, 2018 9:47 pm

I have a dell 6410e latitude laptop..when I either create or bring up a project after about a half an hour the sound still functions but the pointer won't make any of the cubasele8 functions work..plus if you try to close cubasele8 or bring up another project it refuses..I end up having to restart the computer as that's the only thing the pointer will do..it didn't do this until a few months ago..after 2 years of use..any suggestions?

User avatar
Prock
Senior Member
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Contact:

Re: Cubasele8 freezes after half hour or so

Post by Prock » Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 pm

Just a thought...
You say the it happens after 30 mins or so. Maybe a windows update somehow changed the power settings to some power savings scheme that puts stuff to sleep after 30 mins. Worth a look I suppose.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 9.5.30, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Robert Donithan
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasele8 freezes after half hour or so

Post by Robert Donithan » Tue May 29, 2018 4:32 pm

Prock wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 pm
Just a thought...
You say the it happens after 30 mins or so. Maybe a windows update somehow changed the power settings to some power savings scheme that puts stuff to sleep after 30 mins. Worth a look I suppose.

Regards 8-)
I'll give it a look...

Robert Donithan
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasele8 freezes after half hour or so

Post by Robert Donithan » Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 am

Prock wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 pm
Just a thought...
You say the it happens after 30 mins or so. Maybe a windows update somehow changed the power settings to some power savings scheme that puts stuff to sleep after 30 mins. Worth a look I suppose.

Regards 8-)
I did what you said, I fooled around with the advanced power settings, but I still haven't figured out what fixed it, up from 5-10 minutes from start to 20 seconds now!! Why I'm confused is because I deleted about 10 plugin scan files or folders that I created in the plugin manager..it got faster but 50+ plugins disappeared..I got them back after the plugin manager seemed to scan default files..it is still a lot faster after disabling real time defender or excluding files,folders and processes in windows defender in advanced settings..but be careful if anyone reads this because I heard where you can have a hard time getting files or plugins back when unblocking some of the above mentioned things..

User avatar
Prock
Senior Member
Posts: 2918
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:22 pm
Location: Connecticut, USA
Contact:

Re: Cubasele8 freezes after half hour or so

Post by Prock » Wed May 30, 2018 3:14 am

Robert Donithan wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 am
Prock wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 pm
Just a thought...
You say the it happens after 30 mins or so. Maybe a windows update somehow changed the power settings to some power savings scheme that puts stuff to sleep after 30 mins. Worth a look I suppose.

Regards 8-)
I did what you said, I fooled around with the advanced power settings, but I still haven't figured out what fixed it, up from 5-10 minutes from start to 20 seconds now!! Why I'm confused is because I deleted about 10 plugin scan files or folders that I created in the plugin manager..it got faster but 50+ plugins disappeared..I got them back after the plugin manager seemed to scan default files..it is still a lot faster after disabling real time defender or excluding files,folders and processes in windows defender in advanced settings..but be careful if anyone reads this because I heard where you can have a hard time getting files or plugins back when unblocking some of the above mentioned things..
Was part of this answer for the other thread about your slow startup issue?
BTW... I recommend that you don't disable your realtime anti virus protection unless you are not connected to the web. Just exclude the Steinberg folders. Also... I never heard about having issues getting files or plugins back. Should be no issues here.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 9.5.30, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Robert Donithan
Junior Member
Posts: 88
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:44 pm
Contact:

Re: Cubasele8 freezes after half hour or so

Post by Robert Donithan » Thu May 31, 2018 11:16 pm

Prock wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 3:14 am
Robert Donithan wrote:
Wed May 30, 2018 1:32 am
Prock wrote:
Sun May 27, 2018 2:24 pm
Just a thought...
You say the it happens after 30 mins or so. Maybe a windows update somehow changed the power settings to some power savings scheme that puts stuff to sleep after 30 mins. Worth a look I suppose.

Regards 8-)

I did what you said, I fooled around with the advanced power settings, but I still haven't figured out what fixed it, up from 5-10 minutes from start to 20 seconds now!! Why I'm confused is because I deleted about 10 plugin scan files or folders that I created in the plugin manager..it got faster but 50+ plugins disappeared..I got them back after the plugin manager seemed to scan default files..it is still a lot faster after disabling real time defender or excluding files,folders and processes in windows defender in advanced settings..but be careful if anyone reads this because I heard where you can have a hard time getting files or plugins back when unblocking some of the above mentioned things..
Was part of this answer for the other thread about your slow startup issue?
BTW... I recommend that you don't disable your realtime anti virus protection unless you are not connected to the web. Just exclude the Steinberg folders. Also... I never heard about having issues getting files or plugins back. Should be no issues here.

Regards 8-)
Yes the computer ,apps and windows show up faster now..but the funny part is that I don't remember which bit of advice helped...thanks

Post Reply

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests