HALion Sonic SE Plugin appears to be Missing

I am using a new installation of Cubase LE 6 on Windows XP.
Loading any example Project results in an error message as follows

Cubase LE Warnings (Sunday, October 28, 2012)
On loading: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase LE AI Elements 6\Project Templates\Jazz Production.cpr
------------------------------------------------------

The plug-in "HALion Sonic SE" could not be found for Instrument Track "Drums"!
The plug-in "HALion Sonic SE" could not be found for Instrument Track "Bass"!
The plug-in "HALion Sonic SE" could not be found for Instrument Track "Guitar"!
The plug-in "HALion Sonic SE" could not be found for Instrument Track "Piano"!

------------------------------------------------------

HALion is clearly installed correctly. Because the files are where they should be BUT…
In ‘Devices → Plugin Information’ the HALion Sonic SE entry is incorrect. The File is listed as ‘Cubase LE AI Elements 6.exe’ but in fact should be ‘HALion Sonic SE.dll’ and the Path is also incorrect as ‘C:\Program Files\Steinberg\CubaseLE AI Elements 6’ when is should be ‘C:\Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\Shared Components\HALion Sonic SE’ and category is ‘MissingInstrument’.
I have tried reinstalling the whole program several times, and also tried repairing both the HALion software installations via ‘Add Remove Programs’ but that makes no difference.
I have tried adding the correct path in the VST 2Plugins but this make no difference either.
Is there a way to cure this and make the plugin appear correctly?
If not the program is pretty useless!

I am having the same problem with Cubase Elements on my Mac, have tried everything and nothing seems to work.

Sorry for reviving an old thread. But obviously I’m having the same issue as the OP.

Today I installed HALion Sonic SE, and my Cubase LE AI Elements 6 cannot see it. I get the exact same “The plug-in “HALion Sonic SE” could not be found for Instrument Track 4” error message upon opening a project.

Other VSTs work just fine, but in the track inspector output box, I see a grayed out “Missing plug-ins - !!!HALion Sonic SE!!!”.

Any ideas?

Nobody?

Yep same problem. Plugin installed fine, loads fine. Just “missing” when opening projects, and no option to point to plugin, loosing all settings.
This is the case for every project. Very frustrating

Fully can someone please explain this

Make sure that you have the latest versions of Cubase LE/AI/Elements 6 and Halion Sonic SE installed.

Both can be found in this page:

1 Like

Same issue with newly installed LE10