Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

Hi and welcome,

Follow this Missing/expired trial licenses article, please.

Hi! I accidentally installed another software and entered my activation code and now I can’t use it anymore for the correct software. Can anyone guide me on what to do from here?

Hi and welcome,

The activation (license) and the actually installed Cubase are 2 independent things. You have activated your license already, so now you can just install the right Cubase version and you can start it (you don’t have to activate it gain).

So, I tried doing that and now there’s another error message that says “No valid license detected for padshop
please connect your elicenser and click “retry”. click ‘cancel’ to stop loading the plug-in. make sure to have an up-to-date version of the license control center”

So, I tried installing the up-to-date version of the elicense control center, and now it says “No valid license found. The program will quit now.”
And, there was an option for me to start license activation and i clicked on it and it said "Application ‘LCC2:exclusive’ has caused the following error:
The application can not be started. Close all other applications that use eLicensers and try again.
Options:

• Click to abort."

And finally there’s another message saying an “unhandled exception has occurred in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.”
External component has thrown an exception"

Hi,

Recently there was an issue with some licenses. Please update to the very latest eLCC version and trigger Maintenance in the eLCC to make sure you have the latest License Database installed.

Then try it again, please.

Okay as you said, i installed the eLCC version once more, and triggered the maintenance. Once everything was done, i tried opening the cubase software, and this time it says “[software location] is either not designed to run on windows, or it contains an error. try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status OxcOOOO12f.”

I wanted to uninstall everything and reinstall to altogether, but i was afraid something would happen to my licenses. What should I do from here on?

The license I have is for the Cubase AI software, by the way

Hi,

Did you install eLCC as administrator?

Also make sure your Windows is up to date, please.

Yes my windows is up to date, and yes it is installed as administrator and i also ran it as an administrator.

Hi,

The error code points to missing Microsoft C++ Redistributable. But unfortunately I don’t know which one should be installed to make it working (it should be installed with the eLCC application by default).

Well…ok. So is there anything else I can do at this point? I have a project i need to be working on using this software, so I can’t just leave it like this.

Hi,

Do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later installed, please?

Yes

Hi,

Try to in stall Microsoft Redistributable 2015, please.

Ok, so i tried installing it and there’s another error message saying “another version of this product is already installed. Installation of this version cannot continue.”

Anyway i could maybe identify the program, uninstall everything and reinstall everything altogether?

is there anyone i can talk to online? Or perhaps, send better pictures/screenshots in any way? Maybe then you’ll have a better idea of what needs to be done?

Hello,
I used my Cubase AI before i format my PC.When i tried to reinstall and reactivate, I have problem that reactivation code is the same the old one and my soft e-licenser says “no product found on this elicenser.”. You can see in screenshots.