Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

Hi and welcome,

If there is no Cubase activated on any of your Soft-eLicenser, you probably didn’t register your Soft-eLicenser Number, which contains your Cubase license.

Get in contact with your local Steinberg support and provide your Cubase Download Access Code. They will be able to find the Soft-eLicenser, where is this Cubase activated to and add this Soft-eLicenser Number to your MySteinberg account. Then you can reactivate.

Hi.
I just bought this cool UR 22 MKII and it bundled with Cubase AI. So I want to switch my old cubase LE to AI.
THe question is :

1. Can I give my old Access code to someone else because I am willing not to use it again.
  2. How to deactive this Access code from my computer ?

Hi and welcome,

Yes, you can. But the Soft-eLicense has to be transferred to the USB-eLicenser.

Pleas go thru the Resale Wizard.

Hi,

Cubase has been activated once on my last computer, after changing my PC I’ve tried to reactivate. I have new activation code which doesn’t work when I type it during Cubase start. Another reactivation of software or use elc-installation-helper gives same result.

1 Like

Hi,

What exactly “doesn’t work” mean in this case, please? Do you see any message? What does it say?

Sorry If this question has been answered elsewhere, but after reading FAQs and browsing this thread I didn’t find a solution to my problem.

I have a Zoom R8 that bought a couple of years ago (I am the original owner of the unit). I tried to download the bundled Cubase LE for the first time about a year ago but I couldn’ t the find the product activation code (the original box is missing)

Is there any way to retrieve the activation code? Could the the serial Number On My Zoom R8 be any help?

Thank you in advance for for help!

Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately there is no link between the HW and the SW. You cannot retrieve the Activation Code from the hardware Serial Number. The only chance would be the seller would do it. But that would mean, they would sell an opened boxes to be able to get Cubase’s Download Access Code.

Thank you for your reply!

Hello,
I purchased a Steinberg UR22MKii audio interface that came with a free Cubase AI download and activation license. I have downloaded the most recent version of Cubase for my OS and have downloaded the Steinberg Downloader Assistant. When prompted to update my Elicenser software I also did that. When trying to input the activation code I continually get the error message that my Elicenser is out of date. How can I remedy this issue? Thank you.

Hi,

Make sure you are entering Activation Code into eLCC application, please. If you have Download Access Code and you didn’t get Activation Code out of it, follow the instructions on the card. Go to your MySteinberg and register your Download Access Code to get an Activation Code first, please.

!!! Download Access Code and Activation Code are 2 different things ??

There is nothing on MySteinberger that is giving an Option to convert. In fact the code I got after the purchase says

Activation Code/Download Access Code:
XXXX YYYY ZZZZ FGHJ blah blah

I still have register problem

Hi,

Yes, totally.

If it starts with 0240, then it’s Activation Code. If it starts with something different, then it’s Download Access Code.

Bought Klanghaus and Cubase 11 a few weeks ago
Cubase 11 installed with no problems. Having problems Klanghaus. It’s downloaded and installed in it’s default file. It’s activated and registered on my Steinburg account and eLicenser. But is not showing up in the media bay. I have tried moving the file into places where other samples/loops are stored, but it’s still not registering.
Some help please.

im not sure what went wrong… can anyone help me, pleasee

I believe upgrading from 10.0 to 10.5 is not free. Purchasing the upgrade will come with an email from Steinberg, containing a new activation code.

I have copied and pasted the address you have supplied into my browser, but it cannot be found. How much more useful it would be if you included a link in your message. Please can you do that?

Hello , may I have a very basic question… I was using Cubase 11 Elements. Now I did purchase Artist at Steinberg Webshop. I’m aware that I required the USB dongle to transfer the licence to it. This USB is included in the order. My question is, if I can use the new version already using a local e-licence or do a really need to wait for the dongle… Due to Covid it may take very long to deliver the key… appreciate your feedback

Thank you for your purchase! Unfortunately, you will have to wait for the USB-eLicenser to arrive.

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t find a qualifying e-license to upgrade from