Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

All about our Cubase LE and Cubase AI OEM bundle software.
knobby

Re: Steinberg Product Activation FAQ

Post by knobby »

Hi i am a newbie, :mrgreen:

just installed cubase LE8 (windows 10 64 Bit)

i cannot find my midi keyboard in the menu, does anyone know if my keyboard
Yamaha PSR3000 is midi compatible with cubase Le8 ?

many thanks in advance,

htetsoeyin

Post by htetsoeyin »

Dear All,

I have bought MOXF8 synthesizer pre-owned keyboard. I believe that Yamaha provide cubase AI version for free for Yamaha products. Unfortunately, when I bought it, the seller throw all activation code so the product key is not included. He just give me suggestion to contact local Yamaha shop.

When I went to Yamaha local shop and they cant answered how to recover those activation key.

Any idea how to get these keys back. I can only provide MOXF product serial number and hardware only.

Regards
Jacob

scissor

Post by scissor »

Hello,

I have bought Cubase LE 4 (with my TC Electronic Desktop Konnekt 6) a couple of years ago. I have installad the software and activated it but now I haven't used for a couple of years. I've lost the installation CD but I have the activation code and it is successfully recognized by soft e-licenser.

Can you please help - how can I install Cubase LE 4 again so I can buy the Elements 9 version via upgrade. Again, I have no installation disk for LE 4.

Thank you very much for all help.

Tom

maur2620

Post by maur2620 »

Hi,

I recently bought a Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio that came with Cubase LE. When I go to download the software, I am asked to register my email with Steinberg. After I type in my email, it says a confirmation email will be sent to the address. However, 3 or 4 resends later, I have still yet to receive a confirmation email from Steinberg. I have checked my spam folder along with every other folder.

This is my first experience with any type of recording software, and so far, I am not feeling great about it. Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue.

Thanks.

maddpsyintyst

Post by maddpsyintyst »

Hello, everyone! I got an activation code for Cubase LE 9 with my Zoom H6. I tried to download the installer ZIP twice. Both times, after a few minutes of apparently problem-free, uninterrupted downloading of something resembling a 5 GB ZIP file, I was not able to extract anything from the file.

With each download attempt, I encountered two problems. First, I tried the usual extraction of the contents through Windows, and was told that the entire ZIP file was completely empty. Next, when I tried using Windows Explorer to look at the contents of the ZIP file, I was informed that the ZIP file was somehow "invalid," but there was no further information beyond that as to how it was invalid. Again, to be clear, I got both of these messages from Windows with each of the downloaded ZIP files.

After encountering these messages with the first download, I deleted the entire ZIP file and tried a second download; this is how I know I was not simply trying to open the same corrupted ZIP file the second time, thinking it was the second downloaded ZIP file. I figured this might be worth mentioning, in case someone feels the need to eliminate the silly-user possibilities.

One other thing to mention is that a scan of the ZIP file for viruses revealed that there were contents in the second download. Since the scan got past 11% and was showing file names, I cancelled the scan, and concluded that there were contents, but that I was not going to be able to get to them.

Thus, I was forced to conclude that the actual ZIP file from Steinberg was the problem. I have never seen this problem with any ZIP file, ever, from a valid source.

I submitted a trouble ticket, but after discovering this forum, I decided to ask here as well.

Does anyone have any information on such a problem with the ZIP file? Is there another way to try to get my copy of Cubase LE 9 besides the normal way?

lhaas

Post by lhaas »

I purchased a Yamaha XU10XU, and received a Cubase AI version. After using the product for a few days I received a window offering a discounted UPGRADE to Cubase Elements from Cubase AI.I finally decided to do the upgrade and after the download, I unzipped the files and started the installation and it says Cubase Elements is already installed??? I submitted a ticket and so far no response. Any Ideas here?

somospeter

Post by somospeter »

Hello!

I bought an M-Audio Track 2x2. With it came Cubase LE AI Elements 8. I installed the software and activated it.
A month later and it says it's not activated. I tried reactivating through mysteinberg but it says the activation key is already used.

I have no idea how to fix this.

Thanks for any support!

Alon1

Post by Alon1 »

Hello

I purchased Komplete Audio sound card by Native Instruments, and with it came an activation key for Cubase LE.
I downloaded Cubase, but was unable to activate it using elicenser - when I enter the code it says:

"The currently installed version of the eLicenser Control (eLC) software is too old.

Please try again after downloading and installing the latest version of the eLicenser Control software from <www.eLicenser.net>."

I made sure it is the right and most up to date version of eLicenser...
I have a mac book pro with macOS sierra version 10.12.4

please help :cry:

sofimusk

Post by sofimusk »

Hi forum, maybe the uploaded file corresponding to the cubase LE 9 installer is corrupt ?, try several times to download it using the code that brought me the zoom recorder h1 I purchased, but every time I try to unzip the installer I get an error.

I explain this here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=117406

danielhenrythomas

Post by danielhenrythomas »

Hello, please help me... :shock:

I purchased a Lexicon by HARMAN Lambda Desktop Recording Studio, which also includes a DVD Rom to install CUBASE LE5... I have a problem with the Serial Number included with the DVD, because the numbers have a different format than it is required by the eLicenser software...

My CUBASE Serial Number has a total of 25 digits divided in 5 groups of 5 digits each, while the eLicenser is requiring a total of 32 digits divided in 8 groups of 4 digits each...

Thus, I haven't been able to properly use my purchased hardware, because I am unable to validate my given Serial Number for CUBASE, what can I do?

DANIEL

danielhenrythomas

Post by danielhenrythomas »

hello,

I have already found the answer to my issue here:

https://www.steinberg.net/nc/en/support ... uct%5D=126

DANIEL

Avy

Post by Avy »

I bought a foscurite a few years ago, this packing accompanying a software of Cubase. Now I am installing this software, unfortunately, I lost the activation no and hence I cannot register in the elicense. Grateful if you could help me to get the activation no.

Josh-vdberg

Post by Josh-vdberg »

Hello there,

My son bought an amp for his electric guitar - the amp is a yamaha THR5 which should have come bundled with the Cubase AI software. It did not come with it and I have subsequently installed the software after a search through the database. However, the downloaded version does not have a license with it. How can I establish what license I need to use?

I hope that someone will be able to help me figure this out.

BasedKnopfler

Post by BasedKnopfler »

After spending ages trying to find the Cubase code for my UR-12 (which ended up being in the box it came in, and not on any of the program files as I had managed to mislead myself into believing), I cannot redeem it. When I enter it I get the following message; "Security Error #2FG0", what does this mean? I've tried entering it with and without dashes (-) and it still gives me this error. Is there any fix for this?

vampke

Post by vampke »

Since the support just sends irrelevant standard email replies with weblinks I already found, I will try my luck here.
I had to replace my broken graphics card. Since my Cubase AI which I got with my UR12 will not run. I am not able to reactivate my license.
My old Soft-eLicenser number is the exact same as the new one. This returns an error ("Please provide a new Soft-eLicenser number").
Mu activation code for the software will not run ("has already been used").
I am stuck now and do not understand why it is so difficult to use a product I paid good money for.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp »

Download the eLicenser Installation Helper:
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... is-missing
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Manos

Post by Manos »

Hello... I had a download code for Cubase 9 LE (it was from an M-audio product), then I upgraded to Cubase Elements 9, purchasing the upgrade from Steinberg Eshop... Then I saw an offer from an eshop in my country, (Official Reseller) which was an upgrade from Cubase AI 9 to Cubase Artist 9.
I bought it considering that Elements is one step higher than Cubase LE/AI and that I could use it. Unfortunately, when I add my activation from the upgrade (Cubase AI to Artist) it says (Currently there is no license available which can be upgraded by your upgrade license) although my Cubase Elements 9 Fully Licensed is in the list.

Is there anything I can do about it? Is my only option to purchase a yamaha/steinberg product which includes a Cubase AI License Code?

Thanks in advance.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp »

You'll have to contact support and see if they'll downgrade your license for you.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

assur3

Post by assur3 »

Serious question - has anyone actually gotten any useful help here in this thread? If not, I don't want to waste my time. Many, many questions here, but very few answers.

Unfortunately, two things seem to be unequivocal about Cubase AI:
- Cubase is the single most complicated download/install of any of the hundreds of software purchases I've made over the years. Incredibly and needlessly confusing. Is there any chance the developers will ever modernize and/or streamline their install procedures? I'm about to give up and simply go with Audacity it's so bad,
- The help text is wrong and unhelpful. It sends you on a wild goose chase for a simple problem, to wit:

As someone mentioned earlier, eLicensor is old version after installation, can't activate. Download new eLicensor, try to activate. Can't re-activate because license has already been activated, even though the software won't load because e-Licensor was wrong. Go to website, follow directions for Re-activation. Does not work at all. Will not send re-activation code because serial number of eLicensor is the same, and not they demand a new one! Uninstall eLicensor then re-install and re-input serial number into reactivation... failure. Try to re-generate activation code... failure. Try installing from scratch...failure. Total nightmare.

Does ANYONE (Ed Doll?????) have any WORKABLE advice on how to get a new re-activation code for a laptop on which Cubase was previously installed but which refuses to load? This should be a simple question. Thank you to anyone who can help.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp »

Download the eLicenser Installation Helper and try reactivating again. I posted this above:
https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-u ... is-missing

The Cubase installation is very simple:

-Double click the installer
-After installing, run the eLicenser Control Center or try to run Cubase
-Use the activation code that was emailed to you.

Sorry that you ran into issues but the installation procedure is as simple as it can possibly get. These steps are required by pretty much every commercial program ever.

Manos

Post by Manos »

Romantique Tp wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:20 pm
You'll have to contact support and see if they'll downgrade your license for you.
Since I'm from Greece, the whole thing with support, leads me to contact with the official resseler of my country, which I STRONGLY believe they are unavailable and non authorised to downgrade any license. And I really can't find any support email from Steinberg.

Anyway, I don't think that Steinberg as a respectful company, is good to rely on the policies of the distributors for after sales services when the issue mainly about software.

Cowboss

Post by Cowboss »

So if I'm trying to upgrade from AI to Elements do I need to download the full version of Elements?

Because elicenser says that the activation code won't upgrade any of the software which is AI.

billewilde

Post by billewilde »

I am also having the same problem. I have purchased and downloaded the CUBASE 9.5 Artist upgrade from CUBASE 6) I can run the CUBASE 9.5 but not activate or register it and it now has me locked into the trial period where I have only 16 more hours left to use it.(both on the upgrade AND on the 6.) So basically I paid over $600 for something I can use for two days!

So when I try to activate the CUBASE 9.5 upgrade on the registration page I get this error code.
Activation Code not found. Make sure that the code has been entered in the eLicenser Control Center.(for the upgrade)

When I try to inter the upgrade activation code on the eLic I get this error code.(when I am LOOKING at it on the eLic)
Currently there is no license available to be upgraded by your upgrade license. Please connect a USB eLic which holds an appropriate upgradeable lic to your computer

The CUBASE 6 and eLIc ARE registered at Steinberg webpage. I have performed maintenance tasks. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both CUBASE and the eLIc. I have cleaned up eLIc Memory and updated Database and resent eLic information

I can not even reactivate the CUBASE or the UPGRADE as both(6/9.5) of the activation codes say activation codes not found.
I would also like to note yes I turned off the firewall and antivirus and was running as Administrator. eLic version 6-10-6-2223

Ivo_Eduardo

Post by Ivo_Eduardo »

Hi,

New to this forum.

We have purchased a used Zoom Bass effects pedal (two, in fact, because the first one got damaged by a deffective power supply). Those pedals come with Cubase LE software.

I need to know if I can activate the software for our use.

It must be noted that the previous owners did not give us the papers with the activation codes. I only have access to the hardware serial numbers.

RexSaga

Post by RexSaga »

Hi guys,

Newbie here. i received the Cubase AI 5 that came with bundled with a yamaha interface. For the life of me i cant find the 32 digit activation code. It says it was supposed to come on a sheet attatched with the product, but i can not find it. Maybe Steinberg never sent it? Is there a way some one can explain to me in layman terms how i can get the code please?

Thanks heaps!

Return to “Cubase LE and Cubase AI”