Steinberg > Accessibility > FAIL

Ok, it’s been a few years since this post and I ave been using Cubase since V5. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that Steinberg, along with many others are DISCTIMINATORY". They don’t give a flying F*(k about visually impaired users. Choosing to bury their heads by ignoring messages asking about even little things like taggingolume and peak levels or track titles. It is all about boy using Windows Classes or MAC equivalents. Rather creating their own classes so that one version fits multiple platforms.

Native Instruments has a Komplete Kontrol system which gives speech output but only for the MAC and NOT FOR CUBASE as it seems thar Steinberg don’t gove a hoot about visually impaired people. It’s funny because even though we are blind but not deaf, they may as well remove that sense as well. Are visually impaired people the last we storm of disabled people and therefore not worth bothering with? But making there software inaccessible, that is EXACTLY what Steinberg are saying.

I love the sound of the instruments both in Cubase and the Absolute, but I am finding it impossible to use, even though for the moment, Wacelab is accessible.

What does that tell me?

1 Like