Cubase Plug-in Sentinel: Blacklisted plug-ins

Thanks for the info update peakae, and thank you for taking time to both read and respond. This is why I love forums like this, were people share knowledge and help each other, without any other inclination than to do exactly that.

The information on system specific blacklisting is interesting. I get that Cubase, third party plugs, and OS, all have specifics that will have to be checked. But will hardware make a difference as well? Will Sentinel check my chipsets t.ex. ?

I have previously had enormous amounts of trouble due to a chipset in a previous beast of a machine I was running. The DELL Precision 690. I spent years with an unstable machine, where UAD1, MOTU 828 and FW items would produce all kinds of mystic problems. Finally the machine was abandoned by UAD and they blamed it on the chipset. So I unwillingly came to learn a lot about the challenges developers can be up against.

The re-evaluating issue is unnecessary terror in my view. I like to keep my machine totally of the grid. I have noticed that some developers don’t care about that. I feel like they present me with a suspicious probe anytime they like, and then make me a lot of extra work, especially because I am off grid. It is actually often the bigger and more successful companies doing this. Toontrack is close to manic in my experience. But will this stop them in initializing re-evaluating, if so Sentinel has anothe big + from me. :smiley:

I also remember a lot of problems with some .NET framework updates, that took a long time to fix, back in the days of my 690.

I don’t know if I misunderstand, or you misunderstand me. I have already landed on the conclusion, that Sentinel represents a big step forward for system stability, given that we understand how it works, and are able to compensate for the troubles it might bring to some of us.

I know that JBridge has been around for years. And solved different issues since its arrival. But I think there is quite a few misconceptions about it out here, and I am sure that there are people not knowing about it also. I was one, until I lost some of my beloved 32 bit plugs with CB9.
But I am lucky to have several great techs in my friend sircut, so they always help me get on track of what I need. Some here are not that lucky, and I take it as my community service plight, to try to reach out for them as well. I am, like many others here, first and foremost an artist. A singer songwriter, who got into production since the beginning. I know the pains and challenges of the tech environment.

One of the issues for many is the enourmous amounts of time and money they have to put down, and at the same time making less than most.
I understand those who really try to hold on to what they have, due to lack of funds, workflow, and artistic decisions. Because many of us using Cubase, have artistic aspirations, often more than pro tech aspirations I believe. And It may be a big blow every time the future is at the door.

Me for One, is running what some here will call an ancient machine. A DELL Precision 7400, built on the same architecture as the dreaded 690.
I payed about 5000 euros/dollars for the 690, and would not be up and running now if it wasn’t for getting the 7400 for 500 used, when the chipset issue was official.

I think there are lots of people here, that can not even dream about buying a machine for that price, and it didn’t even work well. :open_mouth:

So my intention is to help those, as I was helped. I think Steinberg actually do tremendous work to do the same, although some think they don’t care. Those people face the challenges, without finding the solution, often not knowing that both Steinberg and others are working to their benefit, and try to acommodate a as full spectrum it’s users, as possible. I think Cubase rocks, in so many ways.

The problem in this thread, as well as others I suppose, is that it often seems like there is a for or against culture. There shouldn’t be.
My intention with yesterdays lengthy post, was to show that it is still possible to hang on to ones babies, and at the same time, be part of the Cubase development carousel :smiley:

Many might know this, but it is kinda hard to see that in the thread as it was when I found it. Or at least I found it to be considered a not so optimal option by many professionals. My point is that it is really a well functioning optin, even endorsed by several Steinberg associates.

Steinberg made it possible, and I love to see such responsibility. I was very enthusiastic when JBridge solved my problems. And I want others to know. I have not experienced major problems with JBridge, and I don’t think it is about taking chances, but you might obviously need some skills, basic understanding, and/or good support.

I think that if you don’t have the skills, one can still make it work with the support at JBridge, and forums like this one.

I have at least one person here, who I made reconsider his recapitulation over the missing 32 bit support. Even my mentor, who is extremely well informed about a lot of the tech issues, was surprised to find that it solved my issues with TC Powercore and Liquid Mix, and he is absolutely going to check it out again. Even though he has JBridge installed in his system since years ago, but for other reasons. So I think that there are a minority out here who will appreciate discover or rediscovering JBridge.

The skin issue. Yes thanks for you advise. I don’t mind people taking me on whatsoever, I am usually so well spoken that I don’t need to be provoked. I also work on myself to be respectful and humble. But when people act on your back, whilst having no better attitude or contribution skills themselves, I am provoked. Abusing the report system when minor mistakes are present, seems to me like something that needs to be adressed. I think the report system should be used when people are impolite, very destructive, ranting, or abusive. Not when they try to be helpful and illuminate a topic. Minor mistakes by a user, especially a new one, should not be rewarded with reports and warnings. I must say that I have heard about such abuse of the report/warning system here on the Cubase forum before, from very skilled and serious producers in my sircuit. But it is my first time to encounter it. I was advised to seek to be added to the Nuendo forum, because there is alledgedly less of this stuff there, but the moderator who considered me, didn’t like my username, which happens to be my artist name as well. I wonder what was on his mind. :wink:
I don’t like to make people my foes, and I didn’t yet. It is not a good way to solve issues, in my view. A foe might become a friend, it is all about communication and understanding. But thank you so much again. :smiley: