Cubase Plug-in Sentinel: Blacklisted plug-ins

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
polgara

Re: Cubase Plug-in Sentinel: Blacklisted plug-ins

Post by polgara » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:17 pm

hi there ,i was just wondering if we had an option yet to disable "sentinel" , so that i can load the old Cubase SX plugins ReverbA, Doubledelay and Rotary into the latest version of cubase .i used the vstbridge from cubase 8.5 hack which allowed me to use the old plugins and so i havn`t updated my cubase 9 since it came out for fear of losing my old SX plugs.
will the 8.5 hack work with 9.5 ?
Jbridge did not work for the 3 plugins that i already mentioned,but maybe is there some good news on that front for me and my old SX plugs. thanks .
Cubase 9 64 bit plus all the 32 bit SX3 Plugins and beyond. No more bucketverbs Kick the Buckets wheeee! .here`s my bucket list ,oh dam i`ve forgot their names already.

KHS

Post by KHS » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:24 pm

Arent there newer and better versions of those old plugins you can use instead?

polgara

Post by polgara » Sun Feb 11, 2018 8:27 am

i find the new Reverbs very coloured ,cloudy sounding and not as transparent as the old ReverbA ,ReverbA shines the new ones are dull .Plus ReverbA is much easier to use programming the trail/decay in millisecs ,no messing about .
Cubase 9 64 bit plus all the 32 bit SX3 Plugins and beyond. No more bucketverbs Kick the Buckets wheeee! .here`s my bucket list ,oh dam i`ve forgot their names already.

Romantique Tp

Post by Romantique Tp » Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:35 am

DoubleDelay is obsoleted by the new delays. Same sound, more options. MonoDelay (actually stereo) and PingPongDelay are actually easier to use.

Rotary is literally the exact same plugin since 1999. Only the UI was changed.

There's nothing "transparent" about Reverb A. It produces metallic echoes that don't really blend in with anything and becomes unusable at size settings below ~80. Its deficiencies are specially noticeable on vocals and percussion, and the more sounds you feed into it, the worse it gets. Maybe you're used to how it sounds, but this is definitely not what good reverb is supposed to sound like.

The included REVelation reverb is loosely modeled after classic units like the Lexicon 480L, and is capable of reverb that actually feels like it's part of the sound. It's also capable of a more hyped sound that's good on brass and vocals. Play with its settings a bit starting from the presets, and experiment with the balance between early reflections and tail.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

polgara

Post by polgara » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:09 pm

your wrong

KHS

Post by KHS » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm

If he was wrong then everybody would use these old reverbs right? :roll:
NONE of those old plugins are better than the new ones. Best cases they are about the same and worst case the old ones sound like garbage compared.

If you want simple reverb just use Roomworks SE

polgara

Post by polgara » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:49 pm

KHS wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm
If he was wrong then everybody would use these old reverbs right? :roll:
wrong .

polgara

Post by polgara » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:03 pm

KHS wrote:
NONE of those old plugins are better than the new ones. Best cases they are about the same and worst case the old ones sound like garbage compared.
i think you like bells and whistles . sometimes things are made good the first time round ,i can normally tell a good reverb by playing a guitar through it, ReverbA is a good reverb.

KHS

Post by KHS » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:27 pm

polgara wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:03 pm
KHS wrote:
i think you like bells and whistles . sometimes things are made good the first time round ,i can normally tell a good reverb by playing a guitar through it, ReverbA is a good reverb.
Whatever dude, but don't call my or his statement for wrong because it isn't. They are not good reverbs as if they were in most peoples opinion then they would still use them including pro producers.

..And no I don't like bells and whistles, but I do like good sounding reverbs and these old reverbs are no match of todays reverbs.

polgara

Post by polgara » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 pm

KHS wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:27 pm
Whatever dude, but don't call my or his statement for wrong because it isn't. They are not good reverbs as if they were in most peoples opinion then they would still use them including pro producers.
wrong again ,we can`t use Reverb A because "Sentinel" won`t let us ,i didn`t know you were a voice for pro producers :roll: . i`m just gonna take a guess at why sentinel blocks it .

KHS

Post by KHS » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:12 pm

polgara wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 pm

wrong again ,we can`t use Reverb A because "Sentinel" won`t let us ,i didn`t know you were a voice for pro producers :roll: . i`m just gonna take a guess at why sentinel blocks it .
Dude just accept that we don't share your opinion. In our opinions these old reverbs sounds very fake and crap. Yes, I'm aware you cannot use those because of sentinel but no one has used those ever since they were replaced in Cubase 4. They were created with the technology and cpu power that was available back then. With todays cpu power and advanced algorithm/use of convolution, newer reverbs are way more accurate and better sounding. Just fiddle with the settings and like I already said, if you prefer a simple reverb like reverb A then use Roomworks SE.
I get that you like the sound of that reverb, but we are just merely suggesting to move on and open up your mind for what other plugins are capable of doing.
polgara wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:47 pm

i didn`t know you were a voice for pro producers :roll:
..and i didn't know your opinion about a plugin makes everybody else wrong :roll:

Well, it's pointless to discuss anything with you as your only reply to everything is just saying "wrong" We could say the same about your statement.

Romantique Tp

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:15 pm

Reverb A used to sound "passable" for a stock DAW reverb in the late 90s (when it was called Reverb32) , but even back then everyone knew that it wasn't that great, that it was inferior than most hardware... By the early 2000s it was already a constant target of mockery. Things got so bad that Steinberg eventually bought the concept behind RoomWorks from another developer to replace Reverb A.

One of the great things about the Plugin Sentinel is that it's forcing people to look for better, more efficient alternatives to many ancient plugins. Hopefully you'll do the same eventually instead of clinging to this metallic dinosaur out of pure stubbornness.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Return to “General”