How to change a project name

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Vendimion

How to change a project name

Post by Vendimion » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:06 pm

Hi Everybody,

My question is, I've created and started a project named "C9 Test" when a bought Elements 9 days ago and now is more than a try.
I would like to change the name of the project and the folder too, to let say "My Project". I've already made a "save as" > "My Project" to get the ".cpr" file with the right name but what's about the folder and the others files in it?? Can I just rename the project folder since I've already saved the project with the new name?
I assume that this might be an evidence for most of you but I've decided to go further with Cubase and I am learning the way it works.

Thank you very much for your advices.
Cubase 9.5 Pro, UR242 | Win 10, I7-4790K @ 4.00GHz, 16Gb | Code61, Motif XS8

polgara

Re: How to change a project name

Post by polgara » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:10 pm

yes you can make a new folder with any name ,just rename the present folder and then launch the project from the cpr file within that folder . in your previous sessions list try launching the project from the old address and it will not be able to find the files now you can delete that entry .
Cubase 9.5 plus all the 32 bit SX3 Plugins and beyond. No more bucketverbs Kick the Buckets wheeee! .here`s my bucket list ,oh dam i`ve forgot their names already.

Vendimion

Post by Vendimion » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:32 pm

Ok, thanks for the help!
Cubase 9.5 Pro, UR242 | Win 10, I7-4790K @ 4.00GHz, 16Gb | Code61, Motif XS8

silhouette

Post by silhouette » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:52 pm

If you move the folder make sure that you archive the project first to make sure that all your files are actually in that folder. Sometimes importing a file does not always bring that file into the project folder, so some of your files could be in different locations. Trying to find them after the event can be a nightmare.

Menu bar at top > Media > Prepare Archive .......Then you can move the folder manually.

Alternatively you can create a backup folder from within Cubase

File > Backup Project > Create a folder where you want it > Name project and you are done.
Intel core i7 5960X CPU 3.0 GHz 64bit 32 gig RAM - Windows 8.1 - AMD RadeonHD 7700 - RME Fireface UC - Cubase 8.5.20/9.0.1 - UAD Solo + Duo + Quad - Nektar Panorama P1 - Komplete 10 - All uhe - Adam AX7 + Adam Sub 8 - BFD3 - Alchemy - PSP - FabFilter - Fender Telecaster- Wudtone Strat - Gibson L4, 335,330L,175 -Ibanez PM100 - Musicman Silhouette - Warwick Thumb Bass - Kemper Profiling Amp -https://soundcloud.com/silhouette-17

Return to “General”