How can i get a Distortion Better than QuadraFuzz V1 ?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Manike

Re: How can i get a Distortion Better than QuadraFuzz V1 ?

Post by Manike » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:03 am

Puma0382 wrote:
WellBassd wrote: So since the Code is Already Ported for QuadraFuzz V2, it may be pretty easy job to just add the missing controls?
Forgive me; going slightly off-topic...

My understanding is that the recent (excellent.!) QuadraFuzz v2 release is complete new code written by SB engineers, from the ground up - there is no 'code ported' from v1.

I don't believe QuadraFuzz v1 was even Steinbergs own - correct me, but I think it was coded/written (and is therefore still owned) by Craig Anderton. It's quite clear there, with 'Craig Anderton' written over the front of the UI for example.!

So, no 'pretty easy job' to add the missing controls - they would have to start from scratch to first build the controls, then add the code into the guts of the current QF v2 framework; that sounds like a major overhaul to me... ;)

I thought Craig Anderton came up with the physical version of Quadrafuzz in his book, and he outlined how to build it. Not sure if he had anything to do with the plugin coding.
8-Core Trashcan Mac Pro : Mojave : Cubase10.0.40 : MOTU828x : Nektar P6 :
Macbook pro : Mojave
http://www.manikemusic.com

planarchist

Post by planarchist » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:38 am

Manike wrote: I thought Craig Anderton came up with the physical version of Quadrafuzz in his book, and he outlined how to build it. Not sure if he had anything to do with the plugin coding.
...I think the "By Craig Anderton" signature on the Mk1 Plugin may suggest he was involved! ;)

Notably not on the new version.
Nic

Cubase Pro 10.0.20, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, RME Digiface, Behringer ADA8200, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 10.0.20, Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 7 Ult 64 bit SP1, Yamaha THR5.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 2.5 iPad Mini 4 64GB

Manike

Post by Manike » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:33 pm

planarchist wrote:
Manike wrote: I thought Craig Anderton came up with the physical version of Quadrafuzz in his book, and he outlined how to build it. Not sure if he had anything to do with the plugin coding.
...I think the "By Craig Anderton" signature on the Mk1 Plugin may suggest he was involved! ;)

Notably not on the new version.
Well he designed it so he was involved in that sense:
http://www.paia.com/proddetail.asp?prod=6720K
8-Core Trashcan Mac Pro : Mojave : Cubase10.0.40 : MOTU828x : Nektar P6 :
Macbook pro : Mojave
http://www.manikemusic.com

skank

Post by skank » Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:37 pm

polgara wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:15 pm
vinark wrote:I found this on the cubase group on facebook.

CUBASE 9 DOESN'T SUPPORT 32bit VST's anymore???
HAHA!!! YES IT DOES!!! :D - just like 8.5, with a little trick!

As a big Cubase-fan I was very disappointed that they removed it's compatibility for 32bit-Vst's. After researching I got the following solution:

In the Cubase-program-folder you find the folder "components".
The TRICK is just to copy (and replace) the following 2 files from Cubase 8.5-components-folder to the one in Cubase 9:

"VstBridgeApp.exe"
"VstPlugManager.dll"

(please don't forget to backup the C9 components folder first)

After that let Cubase 9 rescan your PlugIns - maybe it helps to delete the blacklist-files in the Roaming-folder first.

With this little trick I'm using my Cubase 9 just the way I used 8 all the time, all the 32bit-PlugIns are now present in Cubase 9!
I don't know how it works with mac, I guess there should be a similar way to get it working there :-)

Have a nice day
glad i saw this , take a bow sir ,back of the net. ha ha ha ha :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: guess that means i `m happy. hello again me old sx3 plugins nice to see you again ,yer looking well. ha ha
+1
This is not what you think it is./

mbira

Post by mbira » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:42 am

+1 for Saturn. As someone mentioned-Trash doesnt let you bounce down automation., but you can do it in real time and it will bounce.
Cubase Pro - usually the latest version | Cubase Elements (because of the damn dongle) | Wavelab Pro | Dorico 2 Pro | Halion 6 | Laptop: Macbook Pro 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 G RAM, OS 10.10| Studio computer: 2012 12 core Mac Pro Tower 64 G RAM | PC Slave i7 8920 running VEP6 | Apollo 16 Firewire

skank

Post by skank » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:11 am

Fabio Bartolini wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:06 pm
vinark wrote:I found this on the cubase group on facebook.

As a big Cubase-fan I was very disappointed that they removed it's compatibility for 32bit-Vst's. After researching I got the following solution:

The TRICK is just to copy (and replace) the following 2 files from Cubase 8.5-components-folder to the one in Cubase 9:

"VstBridgeApp.exe"
"VstPlugManager.dll"

After that let Cubase 9 rescan your PlugIns - maybe it helps to delete the blacklist-files in the Roaming-folder first.

With this little trick I'm using my Cubase 9 just the way I used 8 all the time, all the 32bit-PlugIns are now present in Cubase 9!
I don't know how it works with mac, I guess there should be a similar way to get it working there :-)

Have a nice day
This works for the time being, but it may not later on as outdated components might cause crashes due to those components not having the correct version number or cause unexpected misbehaviour (projects not opening or crashing during load, etc.)

So, it is possible to do it, but it is completely unsupported - in a nutshell: you can do it at your own risk, no support can be provided under these circumstances.
This hasn't yet worked for me, anyone else got this working?
This is not what you think it is./

xerix

Post by xerix » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:22 pm

Generic Distortion:
- Izotope Trash 2
- Decapitator
- Fabfilter Saturn
- WOW2 Filter

For Guitars:
- Guitar Rig 5
- Scuffham S-gear
- TSE 808

ultradust

Post by ultradust » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:27 am

Specific to the OP, you may want to look at Stillwell Audio's Oligarc. You may find you like it even better than QuadraFuzz.

Other interesting general-purpose distortion FX:
Glitchmachines Subvert
HY MBDrive
Klanghelm IVGI
Native Instruments Driver
Unfiltered Audio Dent

MarkJohnson

Post by MarkJohnson » Sat Dec 16, 2017 5:40 pm

Regarding continued 32-bit plugin capability for Cubase 9, is there a similar solution for a MacBook Pro? I wasn't able to find the files VstBridgeApp or VstPlugManager on my MacBook.

Thanks

Mark

JMCecil
Grand Senior Member

Post by JMCecil » Tue Dec 19, 2017 10:11 pm

FXpansion Maul is killer too. Not sure why I never see this one mentioned. I use Etch and Maul quite a bit. Although I found QuadraFuzz1 to be unusable noise, QFII is excellent.
cpu:i7 6950x - RAM:128gb - OS:Win 10 - Interfaces:Lynx Aurora, Komplete Audio 6 - MIDI:Midisport 4x4, Quadra Thru
Steiny Suff: CMC:FD,CH,TP,QC,PD | Wavelab 9 | Cubase VST-32->9 | H5, GA4, HSO, Padshop Pro, Cubasis, iC Pro

ANeeman

Post by ANeeman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 pm

PeppaPig wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:28 am
Great you've hacked you CB9 setup with 8.5 modules to support 32 bit - I'm sure I don't need to tell you that Steinberg are under no obligation to support your Frankenstein setup - nor should you expect them to.
Then why these brilliant plugins like A1 and others from SX3 are not meet new reincarnation with Cubase 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5...? Mixing plugins does have their next generation, but synths don't. Why? If A1 becomes an open source, there will be thousans of programmers who will made hundreds of A1 variations especially for Cubase's 64bit systems.

So, why Steinberg doesn't change his attitude to professional needs? We see their attitude since last december, when 9.5 was out ;) 9.5.10 was out, but it doesn't decrease the count of issues totally. Now I use 9.0.30, but since I installed today 8.5, I see that I can compose, mix and master my instrumentals with it. And I have a feel that it runs twice as fast than C 9.5. Yes, I'm Frankenstein :D

For SX3 plugin fans:
Download Cubase 8.5, open zip and use only Cubase85_64bit.msi (315 MB) to install it on your computer. (if you already have installed at least one of newer version). Yes, Components folder have these two files.
Cubase Pro 10.0.40, Win10, 3.40 GHz, 16GB.
Steinberg: HALion 6.3.0, HSO, Native Instruments: KOMPLETE 12 ULTIMATE Collectors Edition
Hardware: UR242, MG10XU, MG12XU, CS1x
Albums: Millectrinium (2018) | Nature. Water (2017) | Oracle (2017) | Two. Midnight Talks (2015)

Federico McCartney

Post by Federico McCartney » Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:25 am

I just update my cubase to 9.5.3 and it does not work anymore! anyone has the same problem?
vinark wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:47 am
I found this on the cubase group on facebook.

"VstBridgeApp.exe"
"VstPlugManager.dll"

Have a nice day

jules

Post by jules » Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:04 am

ANeeman wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:52 pm

Then why these brilliant plugins like A1 and others from SX3 are not meet new reincarnation with Cubase 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5...? Mixing plugins does have their next generation, but synths don't. Why? If A1 becomes an open source, there will be thousans of programmers who will made hundreds of A1 variations especially for Cubase's 64bit systems.
There must be some legal problems with waldorf name and the likes, but for quadrafuzz, they should at least include the algorithm (quadrafuzz legacy or something) in v2 so that we can still use it. No need to include the presets (craig anderton probably didn't do the code, so no need to use his name).
W10 64, Asus prime Z370 a, i7 8700k, 64g ram, ssds, cubase pro 10

nolimit966

Post by nolimit966 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:13 pm

Anyone know if this trick to get 32 bit VSTis works with Cubase 10 pro too? :-)

chris995

Post by chris995 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Has anyone got QF1 working in cubase 10, I still really miss it. Overdrive legacy has been compensated for with distroyer but qf1 is not there. Qf2 is good but it doesn’t have that fierceness that qf1 has.

Return to “General”