Double-click Intermittently Works in Cubase 9 / macOS

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
fgimian

Re: Double-click Intermittently Works in Cubase 9 / macOS

Post by fgimian » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:48 am

Am I dreaming or is this bug actually fixed in 9.5.20? I can't seem to reproduce it in the last 10 mins since updating. I'll post an update after using the update a little longer but would love to hear your experiences with the update guys. There's nothing in the changelog about it.

Edit: Yes I was dreaming, bug still persists :(
Last edited by fgimian on Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Software & Audio Interface: Cubase 9.5.30 x64 / macOS Mojave / Focusrite Clarett 2Pre
Computer: MacBook Pro 15" Retina 2015 i7 2.6 GHz 16 GB RAM 512 GB PCIe SSD + Samsung T3 2 TB USB 3 SSD

nigeynige

Post by nigeynige » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:18 pm

So after a good while, waiting for Steinberg to actually come up with a solution, I see a lot of people are in the same boat. I've Tried everything. The plugin edit is a complete pain, as various clicks don't actually get me anywhere, until it opens and then disappears, I shout at the screen and when my patience is tried....and my vocal chords damaged, it somehow opens up 75% of the time. This Mouse issue is taking too much of my time, trying to name tracks, trying to open plugins, trying to open the audio editor. I've had to set up a key command now for Audio Editing. REALLY STEINBERG! Come on guys. This isn't right, waiting for ages to hear the slightest bit of hope. It's actually PANTS....
Nuendo 7 and 8.1, Mac OSX 10.12.6, Lynx Aurora 16, UAD 2 Quad, Bags of Frustration, Fed up of emailing, Fed up of no response.

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:11 am

I can confirm this is still occurring while double clicking on MIDI clips here.
Software & Audio Interface: Cubase 9.5.30 x64 / macOS Mojave / Focusrite Clarett 2Pre
Computer: MacBook Pro 15" Retina 2015 i7 2.6 GHz 16 GB RAM 512 GB PCIe SSD + Samsung T3 2 TB USB 3 SSD

extralife

Post by extralife » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:50 am

I honestly can't believe this issue hasn't been fixed yet. This is ridiculous. How does this company get away with this?

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:16 am

They can't fix what they can't reproduce. As far as I know this only affects a few people.

Have you tried using another mouse and/or using a mouse pad? Maybe lowering your mouse sensitivity a bit?
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

extralife

Post by extralife » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:27 pm

Yes. It works fine with my track pad. It also worked fine in 8. Something changed in 8.5 and still isn't fixed. I could easily reproduce it for them. I offered to let them remote session into my pc and show them. Problem is they don't seem to care.

aricastudio

Post by aricastudio » Mon Apr 02, 2018 2:14 pm

I also have this issue, macbook pro sierra, different mouses.

extralife

Post by extralife » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:43 pm

Romantique Tp wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:16 am
They can't fix what they can't reproduce. As far as I know this only affects a few people.

Have you tried using another mouse and/or using a mouse pad? Maybe lowering your mouse sensitivity a bit?
I guess there's only a few of us so the hundreds of dollars we have spent aren't important. Leave it broken. Why should I be able to use the same mouse I use in 8 as in 9.5? How ridiculous of me.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:07 am

extralife wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:43 pm
I guess there's only a few of us so the hundreds of dollars we have spent aren't important. Leave it broken.
Please don't take the things I said out of context. I mean that since this affects only a few users, it's obviously going to be hard to find an affected computer to perform tests on.

Unfortunately a remote session is probably not going to help.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

extralife

Post by extralife » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:23 am

Romantique Tp wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 12:07 am
extralife wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:43 pm
I guess there's only a few of us so the hundreds of dollars we have spent aren't important. Leave it broken.
Please don't take the things I said out of context. I mean that since this affects only a few users, it's obviously going to be hard to find an affected computer to perform tests on.

Unfortunately a remote session is probably not going to help.
There are so many complaints about Cubase on Mac that it's like they don't even have Mac in their office's or something. Buy a magic mouse 2. Bingo there is the problem. Not very hard to test. Still don't understand how a remote session on an affected PC wouldn't help.

That's the part I don't understand. They don't even seem to care to find out. I have a remote session with a company tomorrow that does CCTV software. Their software is playing up so the onus is on them to figure out and fix the problem. As far as I know Steinberg aren't even looking into this.

infinite landscape

Post by infinite landscape » Fri May 25, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi new to this forum but thought I would add some info I have found. This is frankly one of the most bizarre and frustrating issues I have ever experienced and I have been making music on DAW's for a lot of years professionally.

Firstly I never had the problem with Cubase 9 pro on El Capitan for sure. By coincidence when I upgraded to High Sierra 10.13.3 and downloaded Cubase Pro 9.0.30 my old wired keyboard and mouse gave up the ghost (sticky keys etc), so I started using an Apple Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard. Then the problem started. Same as everyone else, couldn't double click and name tracks, and couldn't open the midi editor by double clicking. Tried everything, including totally wiping my hard drive and doing a fresh install of everything. Problem wouldn't go away. I then got my old wired keyboard and mouse combo cleaned and refurbished on the off chance and installed it. Problem went away immediately.

Oddly I know other users I work with who have the exact same Mac as mine (Mac Pro late 2013, 3.7 Ghz quad core, 64 gb ram) running Cubase 9 Pro on High Sierra who don't get the problem using wireless Apple keyboard and mouse - so go figure that one!

Anyway all I can say, which I hope might help other users is try reverting to an old wired keyboard and mouse (and I hate that old wired Mac mouse but I hate the double clicking issue more!!) to see if it gets you out of trouble.

bender-offender

Post by bender-offender » Sat May 26, 2018 3:50 pm

I too have this issue and I’m not using any kind of Apple mouse. I have a Logitech G602 which is a gaming mouse. I thought maybe the buttons were wearing out, but after finding this thread it makes me realize I don’t have trouble double-clicking in any other application except Cubase. I don’t even bother trying to open midi regions by double-clicking them anymore and have gotten used to using key commands. It would always take about 3 or 4 clicks to get the midi region to open. Same goes with audio.
8 core Mac Pro 6,1 | Cubase 9.5.41| Mac OS Sierra | Presonus Quantum | A couple PC slaves | VE Pro 6 | Purple Cape

dyfan

Post by dyfan » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:41 am

I'm having the same problem since moving to Sierra and Cubase 9.5. Has anyone found a solution to this?

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:23 am

Sorry some of you are experiencing this. I've never had this issue, from when I started on 8 all the way to 9.5.2. I hope you/they can find the cause of it. I wonder if it's a plugin or certain mouse drivers? I know that's a lame answer, but since Macs are so similar and not prone to the gigantic variables of Windows, it came to mind.
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, High Sierra 10.13.4 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

Timo

Post by Timo » Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:22 pm

If you use a mouse pad, try without.
Tanzmusik und Hochzeitsband: The Rainbows - Music & Fun

rudymackay

Post by rudymackay » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:06 am

Same problems here, since updating to High Sierra. Also on Nuendo. Though a stupid workaround seems to do the trick for me: hold your Magic Mouse upside down while double clicking. Not kidding. It looks like the mouse sensor picks up a movement while double clicking. For instance, if I double click an insert, all the slots turn green for a second, as if I wanted to move it. If you hold the MM upside down, there can be no movement and it works fine. Well...fine :| like I said, a very stupid workaround. Hope it works for more users.

odod

Post by odod » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:14 pm

indeed .. stupid cubase made me hit my macmini and broke my mouse ... damn *quiz* off !!

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:42 am

This is absolutely driving me nuts until now too. I think I'll try raise another support case :(

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:21 am

Hey everyone, I have some good news and some bad news.

The good news, I contacted Steinberg directly via Facebook (desperate times require desperate measures) and they got back to me really quickly and acknowledged that they're aware of the bug and that they're working on it.

The bad news, is that this is part of rewriting the Cubase GUI to support high resolution displays and a huge task, so it'll likely be a while.

I'm just glad that it has been acknowledged now and knowing that a fix is coming makes me very happy, even if that's a while away.

In the meantime, the best thing I can suggest to those affected is to roll all the way back to El Capitan if it's hurting you really badly. I realise that's not ideal and I can't see myself doing it either (I use Messages in iCloud which I need newer macOSs for) but it's an option.

HighEnd

Post by HighEnd » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi everyone,
Maybe wonder happens and this crazy bug is gone with Mojave? Anyone tried who has this double click bug with Mojave?

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:21 pm

Same here, started noticing it a couple of months ago. Very maddening bug, let's pray it's fixed completely in the next update/version.
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, High Sierra 10.13.4 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

In_Stereo

Post by In_Stereo » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:23 pm

leroo wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:17 pm
It seems to have something to do with the Magic Mouse
I use both Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad.

Work as it should with the Trackpad.... : /
No, it happens with every mouse I've tried (none are the Magic Mouse).

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:49 pm

I have upgraded to Mojave and this bug persists I’m afraid :(

HighEnd

Post by HighEnd » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:55 pm

Today 9.5.4 is out... this crazy bug still is here.... Ohh... I am with Cubase since 1997, really I need go to Logic now? Steinberg, please, take more power and time to this... it is really makes impossible to work normally...

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:07 am

HighEnd wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:55 pm
Today 9.5.4 is out... this crazy bug still is here.... Ohh... I am with Cubase since 1997, really I need go to Logic now? Steinberg, please, take more power and time to this... it is really makes impossible to work normally...
I've actually also been working in Logic Pro X and considering making the switch due to this and just the random crashes I get with Cubase since Sierra. I think this bug probably won't be fixed until v10 when Steinberg implement retina support, I truly hope I'm wrong though!!!

I love Cubase, but it's so refreshing working in Ableton Live and Logic Pro X and having the app actually be stable.

Return to “General”