Double-click Intermittently Works in Cubase 9 / macOS

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
In_Stereo

Re: Double-click Intermittently Works in Cubase 9 / macOS

Post by In_Stereo » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 pm

fgimian wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:07 am
HighEnd wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:55 pm
Today 9.5.4 is out... this crazy bug still is here.... Ohh... I am with Cubase since 1997, really I need go to Logic now? Steinberg, please, take more power and time to this... it is really makes impossible to work normally...
I've actually also been working in Logic Pro X and considering making the switch due to this and just the random crashes I get with Cubase since Sierra. I think this bug probably won't be fixed until v10 when Steinberg implement retina support, I truly hope I'm wrong though!!!

I love Cubase, but it's so refreshing working in Ableton Live and Logic Pro X and having the app actually be stable.
I wonder why it's not stable for you? Must be insanely frustrating.

I have truly gigantic scoring and production sessions, some running with VE Pro alongside, and don't get many crashes. It does happen, but pretty rarely.
Cubase 9.5, Trashcan Mac 6-core 3.7ghz, High Sierra 10.13.4 OS, AMD FirePro D300 Dual, 64 gig RAM, plugins galore, some hardware, a bunch of real instruments and synths, Apollo 8 TB, etc., etc., and two cats

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:22 pm

In_Stereo wrote:
Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:05 pm
fgimian wrote:
HighEnd wrote:
Today 9.5.4 is out... this crazy bug still is here.... Ohh... I am with Cubase since 1997, really I need go to Logic now? Steinberg, please, take more power and time to this... it is really makes impossible to work normally...
I've actually also been working in Logic Pro X and considering making the switch due to this and just the random crashes I get with Cubase since Sierra. I think this bug probably won't be fixed until v10 when Steinberg implement retina support, I truly hope I'm wrong though!!!

I love Cubase, but it's so refreshing working in Ableton Live and Logic Pro X and having the app actually be stable.
I wonder why it's not stable for you? Must be insanely frustrating.

I have truly gigantic scoring and production sessions, some running with VE Pro alongside, and don't get many crashes. It does happen, but pretty rarely.
Thanks heaps. Fortunately most crashes occur upon exit and I still have been able to produce music without too much drama for the most part. All my software is purchased and up to date and I use plugins by reputable companies such as Native Instruments, DMGAudio, Cytomic, Cableguys, u-he .etc

The crash reports don't seem to indicate a particular plugin most of the time and I did notice the frequency of crashing increased a lot since Sierra (everything was pretty much rock solid and the mouse clicking was working perfectly in El Capitan).

I might collect a series of crash reports and send them to Steinberg Support in the near future if the situation doesn't improve. But in general, even when an issue is plugin related, almost always the same issue does NOT occur in Live or Logic with the same plugins. So Cubase is particularly sensitive it seems.
Software & Audio Interface: Cubase 9.5.30 x64 / macOS Mojave / Focusrite Clarett 2Pre
Computer: MacBook Pro 15" Retina 2015 i7 2.6 GHz 16 GB RAM 512 GB PCIe SSD + Samsung T3 2 TB USB 3 SSD

extralife

Post by extralife » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:36 am

fgimian wrote:
HighEnd wrote:

Do you know that Version 10 is retina? I've all but given up on cubase lately. Logic is just so much snappier, modern and I can actually use my mouse to double click. But I miss some features in Cubase.

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:19 am

extralife wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:36 am
fgimian wrote:
HighEnd wrote:

Do you know that Version 10 is retina? I've all but given up on cubase lately. Logic is just so much snappier, modern and I can actually use my mouse to double click. But I miss some features in Cubase.
I have no inside contacts at Steinberg to be sure that it's v10, I only know that they're working on it based on my communication with Steinberg on Facebook when I asked them about this longstanding bug.

Agreed re Logic, it's a great DAW but indeed there are a few things I miss about Cubase in there too.
Software & Audio Interface: Cubase 9.5.30 x64 / macOS Mojave / Focusrite Clarett 2Pre
Computer: MacBook Pro 15" Retina 2015 i7 2.6 GHz 16 GB RAM 512 GB PCIe SSD + Samsung T3 2 TB USB 3 SSD

HighEnd

Post by HighEnd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:55 pm

So, Cubase 10 is out today. Can anyone please who already tried to confirm is double click bug gone or not? It is critical reason to upgrade or not for me, thanks!

extralife

Post by extralife » Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:10 am

HighEnd wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:55 pm
So, Cubase 10 is out today. Can anyone please who already tried to confirm is double click bug gone or not? It is critical reason to upgrade or not for me, thanks!
This is what I am waiting to hear also.

HighEnd

Post by HighEnd » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:43 pm

I finally updated myself, and can say - yes,these nightmare is gone, - double click working now on Cubase 10, High Sierra, BUT! We have new critical bug, that in my case make this version impossible to use,- HiDPI bug that is reporting on many threads, - plugin GUI is not scaled properly, and You can use them.. my pain is Acustica N4 plugin, who is mine main workhorse and it is totally don't work with Mac and C10, - I can see just half of plugin GUI .. as always Steinberg... old bug is gone, new coming .brrr...

fgimian

Post by fgimian » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:22 am

Thanks a lot for the update. I’m going to hold off upgrading for a while until things with the High DPI scaling are sorted out.

extralife

Post by extralife » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:32 am

What annoys me is that means they have figured out the mouse problem, shouldn't that be a patch fix for previous versions? Why should I have to pay for a fix for this?

Return to “General”