Is it possible to change the pitch of audio without timestretch?

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
NoMad92

Re: Is it possible to change the pitch of audio without timestretch?

Post by NoMad92 »

I think your after the kind of turntable pitching, but without a +/- in percent but in semitones.
The only way I've used to do that was by using a sampler (sampler track or groove agent, being free with cubase) and there play with the pitch. There you can pitch up and get that chipmunk fx or down and that deep from hell fx

Hope it's what you're looking for
Win10 creator 64bit, 16gb, i5-2550
DAW: Cubase 10.5
Hardware: Steinberg UR 12, Nektar Panorama P4, Akai MPD226
VSTs: UVI Falcon, VPS Avenger, Sylenth1

mixter

Post by mixter »

Yes I have asked for this feature before and still require it, in order to match layered drums for example without any artefacts you need the ability to pitch samples from the info line without the timetsretching applied and Cubase is not capable of this simple function so you have to resort to plugins. Here is to 2020 maybe then it will be included. :roll:
System: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, i5 cpu, 16gb memory
Daws: Cubase 10 Pro (only)
Hardware: UR44, Roland XP-30, Alesis 3630, Behringer Composer Pro XL, Yamaha GC 2020, Audio Technica M50x.
Software: Native Instruments Komplete 12 (main)

ruffindajungle

Post by ruffindajungle »

This is prime example of the silliness of where their heads are at. It is tedious to open offline pitch shifter, uncheck time correction and then play around. It should be accessible in info line and yes, all other than "tape" algorithms are destructive to transient material. Tape of course is nonsense to use, how it's implemented right now.

Granted, it's not very sexy feature, so it is left hanging. Could be major workflow improvement, imo.
Hackintosh i7 4790k, Sierra, Cubase 10, Halion 6, Groove Agent 4, Erica synth Fusion box, Sh101, Ob-6, Rme UCX, E352 cloud terrarium

NoMad92

Post by NoMad92 »

ruffindajungle wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:50 am
This is prime example of the silliness of where their heads are at. It is tedious to open offline pitch shifter, uncheck time correction and then play around. It should be accessible in info line and yes, all other than "tape" algorithms are destructive to transient material. Tape of course is nonsense to use, how it's implemented right now.

Granted, it's not very sexy feature, so it is left hanging. Could be major workflow improvement, imo.
+1
Win10 creator 64bit, 16gb, i5-2550
DAW: Cubase 10.5
Hardware: Steinberg UR 12, Nektar Panorama P4, Akai MPD226
VSTs: UVI Falcon, VPS Avenger, Sylenth1

aliendna99

Post by aliendna99 »

reading the first page of this thread gave me a bad feeling in my stomach.
either people are intentionally reading it wrong to try and sound like they dont know what the OP is talking about; then giving nonsense "solutions" end "help" that just dilutes and further causes confusion.

or; people are just unable to baisc reading comprehension.

its quite obvious from reading the OP what he wants. he wants the same functionality of loading a sample into a sampler track; then playing keys higher up. that is effectively pitch shifting without time stretching.

Or, loading up the sample in GA; then increasing pitch from there. that is also the exact same thing. non-destructive linear pitch shifting (or more accurately simply speeding the sample up).

or offline processing > pitch shift without time correction. THREE GREAT WAYS TO DO IT, but:

that would indeed be very very handy (and it is beyond me why it is not a feature) to have on the infoline. From there; any "transpose" action is destructive and no matter how high you transpose; the time remains the same. This is not a transpose feature; this is a timestretch feature.
Transposing SHOULD ONLY speed it up, but it doesnt.

That is what OP was asking for; and it is completely insane how people did not get that until after the OP said the same thing a billion times. jesus christ.

Return to “General”