Cubase 9.5 is now available

We are proud to announce the arrival of Cubase 9.5, the next major update to all three editions that significantly enhances the workflow, quality and creative tool set of your favorite DAW with amazing new features and sharp improvements.

All three versions are crafted to suit the very different needs and levels of expertise in music recording and production. Cubase Pro 9.5 is engineered to meet the exacting standards of professionals; Cubase Artist 9.5 provides a comprehensive tool set tailored to instrumentalists and songwriters; and Cubase Elements 9.5 is the entry-level DAW that offers straightforward recording in high-quality audio.

The Cubase Pro 9.5, Cubase Artist 9.5 and Cubase Elements 9.5 full retail versions are now available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. Product availability may vary depending on reseller.

Various downloadable updates and upgrades are also available through the Steinberg Online Shop.

Customers who have activated Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 since October 18, 2017, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest versions, respectively.

Compare the features between the Pro, Artist and Elements editions

Read details on Cubase 9.5

Buy now

Thank you! :smiley:

Hello Matthias! :slight_smile:
I’m on the Steinberg Shop site to buy the upgrade from Cubase Pro 9, to 9.5. So, there is an option to buy a box with DVDs for 7.99 EUR.
Is this box contains the full installer for Cubase Pro 9.5, or it’s just boxed upgrade DVD?
Thank you in advance! :slight_smile:

Hello!
The Media Pack includes the full installer DVDs of Cubase Pro 9.5.

Cheers,
Matthias

Hi! I just upgraded to Cubase 9 (Full version) a week ago so I have this grace period now, I guess… Well I downloaded an update to Cubase 9.5 but it’s not an exe-file… So how do I install it on my computer (PC - Win 8.1)? The file from Steinberg is called “Steinberg_Download_Assistant_1.8 (1).3_Installer_win[1]”. But double clicking it only takes me toa window where my computer wants me to look in the App Store to add a program to open it with. Shouldnt the downloaded file be an exe-file or at least a file to extract onto my harddrive or something?

Regards, from Robin

Hi Robin,

Please try to download the installer for the Steinberg Download Assistant again. The file should be named: Steinberg_Download_Assistant_1.8.3_Installer_win.exe

Thanks, Matthias!

Glad to see Cubase continuing to develop. Regards to the team.

Thanks! Will there be a trial version? I would like to check it out on my system before buying it.

Hi Doctor,

Yes, there will be trial version available in the next couple of weeks.

Works like a charm.
Best CS version so far!
Great work Steinberg team :smiley:

Thanks Steinberg for this incredible CB release!
Keep up the good work.

Hi,
I have Cubase Pro 9 installed and have downloaded the full version (11Gb) and update version (2Gb) with the download wizard. Which advice should I install?

Thanks

Antonio

How do I get back my own “Project Templates”, the ones I created? I click “More” and all I see is “Empty”… Do I now have to build them all again? Or am I missing something obvious

… It’s OK I’ve sorted it but I think they should have been imported automatically, has they usually are.

Edit: Other than that I’m loving it so far :wink:

OH what the heck. =( I just bought Cubase 9 Pro on 6/29/2017 and now this… Can you please reconsider that grace period timeline. This chaps my hide, steinberg.

“Customers who have activated Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 since October 18, 2017, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest versions, respectively.”

I purchased Cubase Elements 9 and activated it on Nov 10, 2017, so qualify for the free download update.

How do I get this update?

I just purchased and did download but don’t have the activation codes. (they showed up but I didn’t print them prior to restart of computer)
I don’t see any product listed in my download folder, didn’t receive an steinberg acknowledgement email (except from paypal) and I don’t how to obtain the codes, can you guide me?
Thanks

You can find all details here: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/grace_period/cubase_95_grace_period_info.html

You must have received an email with the activation code and the download instructions. Please check your email account again.

So sorry and I did, went to spam. Thanks for the reply

Hi everyone,

I would like to thank Steinberg for such a fantastic update.

The 64bit floating-point audio engine has brought a realism and clarity to the sound that I have not previously experienced, even using 44.1Khz @ 24bit.

As anyone with experience would know, it is difficult to work at anything else under Windows so this is a most welcome improvement.

Also, the recordable click track is spectacularly stable and efficient, very nice to work with, and too the zoom function has brought great stability to navigation all round.

Thanks again SB for giving me the tools to perfect my work, brilliant effort!