Homebase for Sonar users

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Homebase for Sonar users

Post by Romantique Tp » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:00 am

Sorry about that, but because of the way this forum is setup and the way we usually browse it, it's easier to keep track of new questions if you make new threads for them. It's also easier to discuss alternative solutions to the questions and/or workarounds this way.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

bartveld wrote:
Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:37 pm
I get the impression that regular users aren't interested in wasting time with noob questions. Certainly some questions I posted here were answered, others weren't after which I posted them in a new thread. Then I did get answers, even though they were embarassing for me. I agree that the purpose for this Homebase-thread is not altogether clear anymore as no old hands seem to be interested. Or maybe we've already outgrown this thread :D
My take on this is that it depends on how clear the subject line is. If a question can be formulated briefly enough to fit in there, answers will come quickly. Using Cubase specific terminology will also help.

So a subject like "How do I route my 8-track tape player to *both* the bathroom and the kitchen" will get more answers than "Should I buy a new house?"
independent manufacturer rep
cubase pro, nuendo, and dorico pro; latest versions
windows pro 10 | i7-3770k | ga-77x-ud5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | k-mix audio interface
hp spectre x360 2018 | 16 Gb

KHS

Post by KHS » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:16 pm

Here is the thing..

A user ask a question, now another user answer but needs some more info to correctly help out. Now the user who asked reply with more info, but in between all of this 20 other users have asked/answered/talked about other things and now it takes a long time to answer the question because we need to find the original question again to refresh our memory and at the same time see if anybody else has provide some info or a solution.
It's way better the create your own thread as it is much more easy to help out that way.
Cubase 10 Pro - Steinberg UR242 - I7-7700K - Gigabyte GTX1070 Xtreme Gaming - 16GB RAM - Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z270 mobo.

Blacklab

Post by Blacklab » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:56 am

"Homebase for Sonar Users" sounds like it should be useful, but as KHS said, it's too hard to follow any thread in this so-called "homebase".
Windows7 on rack & Windows10 on laptop, RME Hammerfall, Cubase 10, Finale, UA-2 Duo, Composer Cloud, SoundForgePro, Yamaha S6 Concert Grand, Mason and Hamlin CC-94 Concert Grand, Kurzweil PC3K8, MUSE Receptor VIP. Favorite hardware: UA 2-610 Tube Preamplifier, Grace 101 Preamplifiers.

Ed Doll
Site Admin

Post by Ed Doll » Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:09 am

Indeed, it was very helpful at first but now, it is getting harder to follow. I'll close this thread now. If you have any specific questions, please post them in new threads. Adding Sonar in the subject might help to keep an overview.
Ed Doll, Support Manager
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany

Connect with Steinberg on Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and SoundCloud!

Return to “General”