VOCODERS: easier setup

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Post Reply
User avatar
OxygenBeats
Junior Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Oregon
Contact:

VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by OxygenBeats » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:25 am

It's such a pain to set up a vocoder (I use vocodex for my vocoder fyi)

First, add a group channel track, and make sure to set it to quadro. Then, go to studio->audio connections, then find the group channel and add child bus-> stereo, then do the same for "stereo Ls Rs". Then I have to add Vocodex onto that group channel. Then I have to add the carrier and route it to the appropriate child bus, then I have to add the modulator (if it doesn't already exist) and route it to the appropriate child bus. Then I have to make sure Vocodex is receiving the data and can use it properly (this I don't have to worry about any more because I changed the plugin default so that I don't have to change anything, and if not for that I could use an FX chain preset)

It's just that whenever I use a vocoder, it's like I really have to plan the whole thing ahead of time. It's not something I can just try conveniently try out or play with, and adding it COMPLETELY disrupts my workflow and creative juices.

Anyway, I'm not sure what the best way forward here is, but it would be SOOOO NICE if there was a faster way to set up a vocoder. I love using vocoders, but it's always such a hassle. Does anyone agree? And does anyone have any brainstorms/ideas for how to make it faster?

User avatar
suntower
Senior Member
Posts: 1582
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:53 am
Location: Seattle/Dublin
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by suntower » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am

Well.... -some- vocoders, such as Waves Mophoder and TAL do not require a Quadro channel. So if you really are looking for suggestions, there ya go.
Primary: i7960 16gb RAM, SSD, 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Second: Sandybridge 16gb RAM 3 3TB HD, Win10 Pro
Laptop: HP Pavilion i5, 8GB RAM 7200RPM, Cubase Pro 9, iCPro, WL7, Win 10
Vienna Ensemble5, VSL, NI Komplete, EWQLSO, LASS, Embertone, Arturia, Waves, Soundtoys etc. CME UF8, Roland TD-12 VDrums

digi001
Junior Member
Posts: 154
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:08 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by digi001 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Seems a little crazy but you could also use another DAW just for your vocoder. I use Logic 9 almost like 'hardware' ....to run Orange Vocoder.

Run vocal striaght into Logic 9 on left channel. Run synth into Logic 9 on right channel ...then output to virtual channel in my Apollo and patch that into Cubase 9.

There ya go...seems actually easier than cubase quadro stuff ha
2013 MacPro 6 Core OSX 10.11 - 32 GB RAM / Universal Audio Thunderbolt Apollos qty 3
Cubase 9.5.30
Mackie MCU Pro / Softube Console 1
Analog Outboard Studio using 32 channels of External FX for Mixdown

User avatar
NoMad92
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:56 am
Location: Paris FR
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by NoMad92 » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:21 pm

suntower wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am
Well.... -some- vocoders, such as Waves Mophoder and TAL do not require a Quadro channel. So if you really are looking for suggestions, there ya go.
I second that TAL one !!!

Free, quality one and easy to use !
Win10 creator 64bit, 16gb, i5-2550
DAW: Cubase 9.5
Hardware: Steinberg UR 12, Nektar Panorama P4, Akai MPD226
VSTs: UVI Falcon, VPS Avenger

User avatar
OxygenBeats
Junior Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by OxygenBeats » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 am

NoMad92 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:21 pm
suntower wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am
Well.... -some- vocoders, such as Waves Mophoder and TAL do not require a Quadro channel. So if you really are looking for suggestions, there ya go.
I second that TAL one !!!

Free, quality one and easy to use !
First, I don't really trust any free plugins. They're usually unstable or low quality. Vocodex is the best vocoder I've ever used; it's so powerful compared to other vocoders. I'd like to continue using it. But thanks for trying to help lol

User avatar
OxygenBeats
Junior Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by OxygenBeats » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:46 am

digi001 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:50 pm
Seems a little crazy but you could also use another DAW just for your vocoder. I use Logic 9 almost like 'hardware' ....to run Orange Vocoder.

Run vocal striaght into Logic 9 on left channel. Run synth into Logic 9 on right channel ...then output to virtual channel in my Apollo and patch that into Cubase 9.

There ya go...seems actually easier than cubase quadro stuff ha
First of all, I don't actually have any other DAW; just Cubase. Second, I dunno, seems like that's just as inconvenient as the first option.

User avatar
NoMad92
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:56 am
Location: Paris FR
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by NoMad92 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 am

OxygenBeats wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 am
NoMad92 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:21 pm
suntower wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:50 am
Well.... -some- vocoders, such as Waves Mophoder and TAL do not require a Quadro channel. So if you really are looking for suggestions, there ya go.
I second that TAL one !!!

Free, quality one and easy to use !
First, I don't really trust any free plugins. They're usually unstable or low quality. Vocodex is the best vocoder I've ever used; it's so powerful compared to other vocoders. I'd like to continue using it. But thanks for trying to help lol
Sorry but your point is dumb "its free so its lame"...just try before talking *flower* at something you didnt even tried !!!
Only trust good quality plugins...TAL makes quality plugins (free or paid).

TAL vocoder is free and EASY TO USE and is reknown !
Conclusion, if you wanna use vocodex, use it...even with complicated routing etc (but stop complaining)


BTW that "lol" at the end of your message is weird, lol after saying "thanks anyway" what's that ?????
Win10 creator 64bit, 16gb, i5-2550
DAW: Cubase 9.5
Hardware: Steinberg UR 12, Nektar Panorama P4, Akai MPD226
VSTs: UVI Falcon, VPS Avenger

PeppaPig
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:39 pm
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by PeppaPig » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:26 pm

There are plenty of superb free plugins - suggesting otherwise is just plain ignorant. If fact, two of my favourite plugins of all time (vladgsound No6 limiter and variety of sound ferrictds) are freebies - but 32 bit hence I can't use them any more. Indeed most variety of sound plug ins stand up to any equivalent commercial plugin (Thrillseeker compressors are excellent) sadly 32 bit again though.
Cubase Pro 9.5, Pro9.0.20. WaveLab 9 EL. UA Apollo Quad FW, UA PCI Octo, UA Satelite Quad, Golden Audio pre73 DLX, Intel i7 6850x@4.2Ghz (6C/12T), Asus x99 Deluxe II, AMD 6450 HD, Windows 10 Pro, Samsung 840 and 850 SSDs, 64Gb RAM - Melodyne Studio, Komplete ultimate 11, Halion 6, GA,GA2,GA3,GA4 (+sp), OZ6, OZ7, OZ8 adv, Neutron Adv, BFD3, SoundToys rack, Panorama P1, M-Audio Oxygen, Yamaha YPP55 - outboard: PRO VLAII, Digitech Time machine RDS4000, 1950s Ferrograph Series 5, Mics: AKG C1000S, Rode NT2A and M5 pair, SE2200A, SE X1R, Fame-VT67 (cheap valve U67 clone), Heil PR20&PR22

User avatar
greggybud
Member
Posts: 993
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:01 am
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by greggybud » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 pm

OxygenBeats wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 am
First, I don't really trust any free plugins. They're usually unstable or low quality. Vocodex is the best vocoder I've ever used
As others mentioned, that is not true, and a very presumptuous statement unless you have extensively used the many Vocoders that are free as well as commercial. Educate yourself about why developers charge for VST's and why others remain free. It has nothing to do with quality or it being "stable." Limiter No. 6 is a good example. Since it's "such a pain" I would suggest several that don't require the Quadro set up. As mentioned Tal Vocoder is very good. Waves Morphoder is a great general purpose vocoder.

The FREE Blue Arp IMO has more features/options, and goes in more depth than the $99 Vocodex. But you may not care for the additional features, the GUI, or it may not deliver your desired audio objectives as easy or maybe not at all. For myself, I must look past the GUI and hear the results.

My favorite, granted it's not free, is NI's Razor mostly because I love the sound. (yes that's very subjective), and it just fits with my production the same way Lexicon reverbs or a UAD Plate 140 seem to work so easy. I would pay $200 just for Razor! Ironically, some users don't even know its a vocoder. :lol:
Windows 7x64, Wavelab 9.5, latest Cubase version, i7, 16g, SSD, (Gigabyte GeForce GTX 750ti driving 2 32" LG ultra wides and 1 28" all @2560x1080) iCon QconPro, Metagrid, 4 MidiTimePiece's = 32in/outs, 4 TB HDs, UAD-2, NI, Waves, Arturia, and lots of hardware synthesizers most of them controlled by MidiQuest 11.

BaseCu
Member
Posts: 299
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:05 pm
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by BaseCu » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:27 pm

greggybud wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 pm
OxygenBeats wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 am
First, I don't really trust any free plugins. They're usually unstable or low quality. Vocodex is the best vocoder I've ever used
My favorite, granted it's not free, is NI's Razor ... Ironically, some users don't even know its a vocoder. :lol:
I'm one of those users! Thanks for mentioning that it can be used as a vocoder. Cheers...
Cubase Pro 9.5.21 | Win7 | i7 950/12 GB | RME Fireface UCX

User avatar
Sunshy
Member
Posts: 712
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:08 pm
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by Sunshy » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:37 am

Use templates and track presets.
N 7 Cubase 9.5.1
Intel Core I7-3930K Sandy Bridge 3.8, 64 GB Corsair RAM, Itel 330 Series SSD Drive for OS, Win 10 Pro 64 bit, UAD-1s, RME UFX, UR824, UR28M, CMD-PD, CC 121, Blackmagic Intensity Pro

User avatar
peakae
Senior Member
Posts: 2641
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:15 pm
Location: Bedroom
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by peakae » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:45 am

PeppaPig wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:26 pm
There are plenty of superb free plugins - suggesting otherwise is just plain ignorant. If fact, two of my favourite plugins of all time (vladgsound No6 limiter and variety of sound ferrictds) are freebies - but 32 bit hence I can't use them any more. Indeed most variety of sound plug ins stand up to any equivalent commercial plugin (Thrillseeker compressors are excellent) sadly 32 bit again though.
Ehh vladgsound No6 limiter Has been 64Bit for years, using it in C9.5 right now.
Still one of the best limiters ever made,
Cubase Pro 9.5.30, Wavelab Elements 9, I7 3770K , win10x64, 16Gb Ram, RME Raydat, Steinberg MR816x, Motu 828mkII, Behringer ADA8200, Yamaha moXF6, Steinberg UR242, Yamaha THR 10, Grace Design m900, CMC TP, CMC CH.

PeppaPig
Member
Posts: 847
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:39 pm
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by PeppaPig » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:02 pm

peakae wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:45 am
Ehh vladgsound No6 limiter Has been 64Bit for years, using it in C9.5 right now.
Still one of the best limiters ever made,

Music to my ears! I didn't realise it had been converted - I'll download a new copy! Thanks!
Cubase Pro 9.5, Pro9.0.20. WaveLab 9 EL. UA Apollo Quad FW, UA PCI Octo, UA Satelite Quad, Golden Audio pre73 DLX, Intel i7 6850x@4.2Ghz (6C/12T), Asus x99 Deluxe II, AMD 6450 HD, Windows 10 Pro, Samsung 840 and 850 SSDs, 64Gb RAM - Melodyne Studio, Komplete ultimate 11, Halion 6, GA,GA2,GA3,GA4 (+sp), OZ6, OZ7, OZ8 adv, Neutron Adv, BFD3, SoundToys rack, Panorama P1, M-Audio Oxygen, Yamaha YPP55 - outboard: PRO VLAII, Digitech Time machine RDS4000, 1950s Ferrograph Series 5, Mics: AKG C1000S, Rode NT2A and M5 pair, SE2200A, SE X1R, Fame-VT67 (cheap valve U67 clone), Heil PR20&PR22

User avatar
jaslan
Senior Member
Posts: 2955
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by jaslan » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:04 pm

I will dog pile on to the Razor recommendation. Makes SO many great sounds (synth, effect (incl. vocoder), etc.) Also, I would say that Cubase is not the reason why the setup is difficult. The reason for the difficulty is the vocoder itself so Templates or Track Presets (as already mentioned) seems to be the answer unless willing to try a different vocoder. Lastly, while I wouldn't trust just any free plug-in out there (you never know what the installer might be doing), a free plug-in from a reputable company can be considered safe to at least give it a try. There are some really high quality free plug-ins out there! A lot of the better developers are offering some free goodies. True, they are trying to get you to create an account and visit their website, etc., but it is worth giving a try if they are a reputable company (i.e. safe to install) and sometimes the plug-ins are actually really good. I have a few that I have kept installed and actually use (iZotope Imager comes to mind).
Cubase Pro 9.0.30. Core-i7 7700HQ, 16GB RAM, Windows 10. UR44. M-Audio Axiom Pro 61. Komplete 11 Ultimate. Jamstix 3.6.5. and Jamstix 4.0. Absolute VST3. 418 Carrier Landings.
SoundCloud

roel
Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:20 pm
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by roel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:21 pm

I agree. Tal makes reliable products and indeed releases some of them for free to get attention.
99% of my vsti are paid products by well known vendors, but TAL is on the system too.
No prob at all with those.
And they sound very competitive. :-)

kind regards,
R.
Cubase 9.x, vienna ensemble pro 5,
Master:laptop Clevo, P771zm, i7 4790S, 16 gig, 2xSSD samsung 840pro/evo, 2x Samsung SSD850 +touch screen
Slave: none, will probably never be replaced because latest processors are powerfull enough
Sound: Motu Ultralite MKIII (usb), Focusrite 18i20, behringer 16 ch mixer
control: Synergy, novation zero SL
vsti: Steinberg, East West, Vienna, Native Instruments, Spectrasonics and a lot of others
hardware: S760, CD3000xl, SY77, studiologic 990, alesis Q88,

roel
Member
Posts: 780
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:20 pm
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by roel » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:25 pm

by the way. I use a vocodor like e.g. in reaktor just by making a midi channel and route this to an efx channel where reaktor acts as an insert-efx in cubase ??
Maybe an idea to think of ?

kind regards,
R.
Cubase 9.x, vienna ensemble pro 5,
Master:laptop Clevo, P771zm, i7 4790S, 16 gig, 2xSSD samsung 840pro/evo, 2x Samsung SSD850 +touch screen
Slave: none, will probably never be replaced because latest processors are powerfull enough
Sound: Motu Ultralite MKIII (usb), Focusrite 18i20, behringer 16 ch mixer
control: Synergy, novation zero SL
vsti: Steinberg, East West, Vienna, Native Instruments, Spectrasonics and a lot of others
hardware: S760, CD3000xl, SY77, studiologic 990, alesis Q88,

User avatar
OxygenBeats
Junior Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by OxygenBeats » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:16 am

Sunshy wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:37 am
Use templates and track presets.
I do. And it helps a little. But there's still a lot that it cannot do. I wish there were group track presets and they had the option to have child buses activated by default... unfortunately, that option doesn't exist (at the moment), so there's still a lot of annoying work to do.

User avatar
OxygenBeats
Junior Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by OxygenBeats » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:19 am

NoMad92 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 am
OxygenBeats wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 am
NoMad92 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:21 pm


I second that TAL one !!!

Free, quality one and easy to use !
First, I don't really trust any free plugins. They're usually unstable or low quality. Vocodex is the best vocoder I've ever used; it's so powerful compared to other vocoders. I'd like to continue using it. But thanks for trying to help lol
Sorry but your point is dumb "its free so its lame"...just try before talking *flower* at something you didnt even tried !!!
Only trust good quality plugins...TAL makes quality plugins (free or paid).

TAL vocoder is free and EASY TO USE and is reknown !
Conclusion, if you wanna use vocodex, use it...even with complicated routing etc (but stop complaining)


BTW that "lol" at the end of your message is weird, lol after saying "thanks anyway" what's that ?????
Didn't realize this was such a sensitive subject LOL

I never said "it's free so it's lame". Being free doesn't mean it's going to be lame; however, most free plugins are lame. Correlation doesn't equal causation. But because of the correlation, I would say a free plugin is more likely to be bad. That doesn't mean that there aren't any free plugins out there that aren't bad, I just haven't really found any.

User avatar
OxygenBeats
Junior Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by OxygenBeats » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:23 am

greggybud wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:56 pm
OxygenBeats wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 am
First, I don't really trust any free plugins. They're usually unstable or low quality. Vocodex is the best vocoder I've ever used
As others mentioned, that is not true, and a very presumptuous statement unless you have extensively used the many Vocoders that are free as well as commercial. Educate yourself about why developers charge for VST's and why others remain free. It has nothing to do with quality or it being "stable."
I've installed plenty of free plugins, and they've all been "meh" at best. I've used a lot of vocoders, and I really don't think I'm going to find a vocoder as powerful as Vocodex, especially in a free plugin.

Actually, I think perhaps YOU need to do your research. It's very "presumptuous" of YOU to assume that I haven't done my research or extensively used many free vst's/vocoders.

User avatar
OxygenBeats
Junior Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by OxygenBeats » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:24 am

PeppaPig wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:26 pm
There are plenty of superb free plugins - suggesting otherwise is just plain ignorant. If fact, two of my favourite plugins of all time (vladgsound No6 limiter and variety of sound ferrictds) are freebies - but 32 bit hence I can't use them any more. Indeed most variety of sound plug ins stand up to any equivalent commercial plugin (Thrillseeker compressors are excellent) sadly 32 bit again though.
If it's 32 bit, then it's not really "superb" now is it??? You just cancelled out your own statement there, didn't you? lol

User avatar
NoMad92
Member
Posts: 335
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:56 am
Location: Paris FR
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by NoMad92 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:04 pm

OxygenBeats wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:19 am
NoMad92 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 am
OxygenBeats wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:45 am


First, I don't really trust any free plugins. They're usually unstable or low quality. Vocodex is the best vocoder I've ever used; it's so powerful compared to other vocoders. I'd like to continue using it. But thanks for trying to help lol
Sorry but your point is dumb "its free so its lame"...just try before talking *flower* at something you didnt even tried !!!
Only trust good quality plugins...TAL makes quality plugins (free or paid).

TAL vocoder is free and EASY TO USE and is reknown !
Conclusion, if you wanna use vocodex, use it...even with complicated routing etc (but stop complaining)


BTW that "lol" at the end of your message is weird, lol after saying "thanks anyway" what's that ?????
Didn't realize this was such a sensitive subject LOL

I never said "it's free so it's lame". Being free doesn't mean it's going to be lame; however, most free plugins are lame. Correlation doesn't equal causation. But because of the correlation, I would say a free plugin is more likely to be bad. That doesn't mean that there aren't any free plugins out there that aren't bad, I just haven't really found any.
You neva said what???
"First, I don't really trust any free plugins. They're usually unstable or low quality." isnt what YOU said????

"That doesn't mean that there aren't any free plugins out there that aren't bad, I just haven't really found any." We all say TAL is a great free vocoder, so it's not the "usually unstable or low quality"...now you make your choice...we just throw some names to help you, you dont even try the TAL one and already said "no I dont like free" LOL

Dont @ me anymore
Win10 creator 64bit, 16gb, i5-2550
DAW: Cubase 9.5
Hardware: Steinberg UR 12, Nektar Panorama P4, Akai MPD226
VSTs: UVI Falcon, VPS Avenger

User avatar
OxygenBeats
Junior Member
Posts: 148
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:39 am
Location: Oregon
Contact:

Re: VOCODERS: easier setup

Post by OxygenBeats » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:05 am

NoMad92 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:04 pm
OxygenBeats wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:19 am
NoMad92 wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:21 am


Sorry but your point is dumb "its free so its lame"...just try before talking *flower* at something you didnt even tried !!!
Only trust good quality plugins...TAL makes quality plugins (free or paid).

TAL vocoder is free and EASY TO USE and is reknown !
Conclusion, if you wanna use vocodex, use it...even with complicated routing etc (but stop complaining)


BTW that "lol" at the end of your message is weird, lol after saying "thanks anyway" what's that ?????
Didn't realize this was such a sensitive subject LOL

I never said "it's free so it's lame". Being free doesn't mean it's going to be lame; however, most free plugins are lame. Correlation doesn't equal causation. But because of the correlation, I would say a free plugin is more likely to be bad. That doesn't mean that there aren't any free plugins out there that aren't bad, I just haven't really found any.
You neva said what???
"First, I don't really trust any free plugins. They're usually unstable or low quality." isnt what YOU said????

"That doesn't mean that there aren't any free plugins out there that aren't bad, I just haven't really found any." We all say TAL is a great free vocoder, so it's not the "usually unstable or low quality"...now you make your choice...we just throw some names to help you, you dont even try the TAL one and already said "no I dont like free" LOL

Dont @ me anymore
That's EXACTLY what I said.

"Usually" is not the same as "always". Compared to the tropical areas of the world, usually places north of the Tropic of Cancer are going to be colder. However, the hottest location in the world is Death Valley which is actually north of the Tropic of Cancer. Still, if I was looking for a hot place to visit, chances are that the best places to visit would be near the equator.

And aside from that, correlation does not equal causation. Eating ice cream is correlated with shark attacks. When ice cream consumption is high, so are shark attacks. However, that's not to say that ice cream is actually "causing" shark attacks. There are other unmentioned factors at play. The most likely reason shark attacks are correlated with ice cream is because people go swimming more often when it's warm (increasing the likelihood of shark attacks at that time) and people also buy more ice cream when it's warm.

Post Reply

Return to “General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: beanstalk40 and 7 guests