Link Project and Lower Zone Editor Cursors missing

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Quinn3k3

Link Project and Lower Zone Editor Cursors missing

Post by Quinn3k3 » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:09 am

The Link Project and Lower Zone Editor Cursors button is missing from audio editor. It is still available in the midi editor but not the audio editor.

I opened a case with Steinberg back in August of last year asking why this feature is missing. It makes using AudioWarp easier because it syncs the cursor and zoom level between the arranger and audio editing windows. Each time I have asked for an update I receive a "I am looking into it and will let you know when I have more information" type of response.

Has anyone else inquired about this issue? If so, did you receive any useful information back from Steinberg that you could share with me?

I have attached screenshots of the link button and the section of the manual that describes the feature I am inquiring about.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Cubase 9 With Link Project And Lower Zone Cursors.jpg
Audio Editor with link button
(69.27 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Link Project To Lower Zone.JPG
Manual
(124.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Link Project and Lower Zone Editor Cursors missing

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:44 pm

Hi,

It is specified like this and it's also written in the manual. In the Sample Editor the Cursor cannot be linked. It can be linked with the Audio Part editor, not with Audio Event editor.
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Quinn3k3

Post by Quinn3k3 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:03 am

Thanks for the response Martin. Do you know the reason for this limitation? I am almost positive there was a version that did not have this limitation. Are we able to use Free Warp on a part? If not, it makes this link fairly useless. The whole idea of getting things lined up is to make warping audio easier.

Regardless, you gave me the answer that support could not so I appreciate it.

Scili

Post by Scili » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:43 am

Quinn3k3 wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:03 am
Are we able to use Free Warp on a part? If not, it makes this link fairly useless. The whole idea of getting things lined up is to make warping audio easier.
YES - the link on the audio PART editor is totally useless - warping is so annoying without da right zoom :-(
Cubase Pro 9, MacBook Pro
Cubase SX 3, Windows XP

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:51 pm

The sample editor grid doesn't follow the current project Quantize Preset and doesn't support triplet and dotted grids, so it's currently not possible for the project cursor and zoom to be linked. The sample editor will need a small redesign in the future for this to become possible.

In the future, for simple questions like this, please try using the forums first. Support is very busy.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Quinn3k3

Post by Quinn3k3 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:30 am

Thanks for the additional info Romantique. I was almost positive that there was a version that did allow the Audio Event Editor to be linked but maybe I was mistaken.

There was an older thread about this issue that was never answered so that is why I entered a case. I only started this thread because I gave up on the support case after about 6 months and couldn't find the old thread.

Return to “General”