Korg Kronos 2 External Midi Instrument and Mixer Volume Control

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
saracenofms

Korg Kronos 2 External Midi Instrument and Mixer Volume Control

Post by saracenofms » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:25 am

Hi,

Have a question, using Cubase 9.5, I have an External Midi Instrument setup that controls a Korg Kronos 2.
It all woks fine, I can record midi and use "Render" to render the the track to audio. I have connected audio
in external instruments bus.

My question is, the Volume fader in the mixer for this instruments track will not control the volume
of the external instrument, the kronos. Mute works ok. If I setup a regular midi track to control the and use that fader to control volume of the kronos it works fine. I have this working in a different daw so i dont think it's the kronos.

I've tried all kinds of combinations and simply cant get it to control volume on the kronos. Any ideas?
And I seem to recall at one point I did have the external instrument fader controlling volume on kronos.

Please Help? Thanks in advance.

saracenofms

Re: External Midi Instrument and Mixer Volume Control

Post by saracenofms » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:18 pm

anybody?

Ojustaboo

Re: Korg Kronos 2 External Midi Instrument and Mixer Volume Control

Post by Ojustaboo » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:22 am

I can’t help you, but there must be other Kronos users using Cubase.

Maybe try asking in the Kronos section here http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/ ... c1aeda0069
i7 3820 a2011 | Asus P9X79 MB | 32GB Ram | AMD Radeon 8GB RX 480 OC | Win 10 Pro | Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
Cubase 9.5 | HALion 6 | Groove Agent 4 | NI Komplete 11 | UVI True Keys Italian | Omnisphere 1 | Jamstix 4
Kawai MP7 | NI Maschine Mikro mk 2

treeper

Re: Korg Kronos 2 External Midi Instrument and Mixer Volume Control

Post by treeper » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:55 am

Have you tried this in all 3 modes of the Kronos - Combi, Multi and patch level?

Return to “General”