Impulse response file missing

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
MERC476

Impulse response file missing

Post by MERC476 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:52 pm

Hi,

I don't usually use Reverence too often so i'm not sure when this started. When I click a preset, it states that the impulse response is missing. I've tried searching the content folder in the appdata folder and even re-install reverence from the additional content folder in the installation folder but still no luck. Any suggestions? Thanks!

andreasm
Steinberg Employee

Re: Impulse response file missing

Post by andreasm » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:11 pm

Hi,

REVerence needs these three content files

FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03.vstsound
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04.vstsound

on Windows located in

C:\Users\$YourUserName$\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound.

What's the name of the missing file ?
May be your preset contains an imported impulse response file ?!

Regards,
Andreas
Andreas Mazurkiewicz, Technical Lead Plug-in Set
Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Hamburg, Germany
Check out Steinberg on YouTube, Twitter and Facebook!

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:40 pm

Only the first one is required actually, the other two are used by the VST Amp Rack and VST Bass Amp.

So if you can load any other REVerence preset, that means that the content was installed correctly.

So there could be two possibilities, either you're trying load a preset that used a custom impulse response (like Andreas suggested) or you installed the Nuendo trial in the past. Nuendo has additional IRs that wont work if you only own Cubase.

In the past you solved the issue by just reinstalling Cubase using the full installer. Try doing that again.
viewtopic.php?f=250&t=109873
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

pjchappy

Post by pjchappy » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:09 pm

I had the same issue. I have only ever installed Cubase (9.5 being my first ever installation). I found the file(s) mentioned, but they were located at C:\Users\$YourUserName$\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Padshop\VST Sound. I moved them to C:\Users\$YourUserName$\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound, which corrected the problem. It looks like they are being installed into the wrong path.
Cubase Pro 9.5.20

ColinPark

Post by ColinPark » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:55 pm

I have the 3 files in C:\Users\$YourUserName$\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\VST Sound, but only show 94 reverence presets.
The file sizes are
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_01 204,630KB
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_03 9,426KB
FCP_SMT_005_Reverence_ImpulseLibrary_04 812KB

is this correct?
Win 10 (64 bit), 3.5GHz i7-4770K, 32GB RAM, Sabertooth Z87, Samsung SSD 850 Pro 512GB, RME fireface UFX, Novation 61SL MkII keyboard controller, Yamaha HS7 monitors. Cubase Pro 9.5.21 [build 3], HALion 6, HALion Symphonic Orchestra, Dark Planet; Ozone 8 Adv, Neutro 2 Std, Rx6 El; Sonarworks Ref 4.

Return to “General”