Position of track was not an issue. I then went to checking VSTs for updates. Turns out, the dll the Addictive Drums needed repair and all other VSTi's checked out ok.WayneD wrote: ↑Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:21 pmStill can't seem to shake this lock up problem I am having. Maybe the hotfix will help, but I am thinking I may need to start looking at the condition of hard drives etc.WayneD wrote: ↑Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:06 pmMaincat, I tried turning off the AV which produced no changes in performance. Thanks for the tip. I did end up updating my Eset to v11 too, just to make sure I was covering all the bases of your suggestion.WayneD wrote: ↑Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:18 pm
Thanks Maincat. I didn't know that. Will give it a shot. A friend of mine also mentioned that it's possible the update also had an effect on my graphics card too. Unfortunately, it is an AMD Radeon HD 6450...legacy and not supported anymore. Also, he mentioned to check my drivers for my disk mgmt. I am also going to check my bios as well.
Thanks for the info. Will give it a shot and update. I seem to the the only one with this issue. My box is from 2013 so, that could also be an issue.
As I mentioned earlier, prior to the Win10 update, my suspect project was working fine. Fine meaning, no performance issues with 10 VSTi's running (which, to me, doens't seem like a lot compared to some power users here) and multiple plugins on each audio output along with automation on the channels as well as the VSTi's. I had also installed 9.5.20, right after the Win10 update, started experiencing these performance issues which led to these posts.
Today, I started going backward trying to nail down the problem. I re-installed my Waves bundle...no changes. This was obviously happening on VSTi outputs, so I froze the VSTi's. Problem solved. Performance meter went back to normal levels at about 45-50% and I could work on individual audio outputs as needed.
I am glad it was a simple solution. It seems that that should be obvious. But it wasn't necessary prior to update. I never really expected the Win10 update and a Cubase update to have such a profound impact together. This has never happened before, everything's always been seamless. I know every box is different, which makes it tremendously difficult to say some thing specifically caused such and such a result.
Moving on. This post is here in case someone else has a similar issue.
One thing I'll note here, today while trying to work this out, I opened 5 FX tracks and added some plugs to them. No problems. You'll recall I mentioned a particular VSTi output that has been triggering the lock ups. THis VSTi is positioned in the project window below the master buss. I moved it down there to be visible, yet out of the way. Going to move it up above the master and see what happens.
Never did come to a conclusive answer for any of this. Ended up freezing everything, including channels, rather than just instruments or some of them on the offending project. Which I have to admit, I pushed resources to the max on it and I may have gone over the edge and not realized it.
It's always crazy when these things happen and there is no clear reason for something. But the occurrence of an issue happens right after some easily identifiable events. Not the first time something crazy has happened and then gradually worked itself out or, something was worked out in order to move forward. But, as I said, I pushed the box pretty hard and it could be I caused it.