"Refresh Views" type function for the audio pool?

Is there a function similar to ‘Refresh Views’ for the pool? I’m often in a situation where I need to edit a file in an external audio editor (to chang an audio files length, for instance) and I want these changes reflected back in Cubase. The way I currently do this is to find the file in the pool, delete it and re-import it. It’s a pain as there are a lot of steps in that. Is there some soft of ‘refresh’ type function for files in the pool?

Or is there a better method people have found for doing this?

Thx!

+1

1 Like

+1

1 Like

Found this thread via Google search… Was this ever resolved?

Definitely +1, it would be so handy to not “delete->re-import->paste into project” every time there’s a need to make some offline changes to the project audio!

2 Likes

I have done this a couple of times, without thinking about it, I just completely quit out of all running cubase (not just the specific project), edited the file (with, e.g., izotope RX), saved the file to the same name, then re-opened the project cubase. It seemed to work.

A couple of caveats though… 1) I didn’t check that carefully, so may have missed something because I just did what seemed straightforward without thinking about it much, and 2) I certainly did not change the audio length, bit depth, or sample rate.

I do note that the OP mentioned explicitly changing the audio file’s length, so maybe that’s why I lucked out.

Was I not supposed to do it that way? :grimacing: