Lost connection to UR22mkII

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
Willbax

Lost connection to UR22mkII

Post by Willbax » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:42 pm

Hi, I'd appreciate a bit of help! I'm running Cubase 9.0.40 with a UR22mkII (with up to date drivers and firmware) on a PC using Windows 10. This has been running fine for a couple of years, with one earlier blip - see later. Just fired up Cubase to do some work and I find that it can no longer see the UR22! Tried reinstalling the drivers and the firmware, rebooting, unplugging and re-plugging the UR22, all to no avail! There is nothing wrong with the UR22 as the PC can still see it and play normal audio through it, and I can use UVI Workstation from my Yamaha keyboard to play a recently installed Ravenscroft 275 so it is also handling MIDI correctly. Seems pretty clear that the problem lies with Cubase then, but I haven't done anything to it since the last time I used it! And I don't thing there have been any W10 updates. The earlier was blip was the same problem, but it did sort itself out without any radical intervention, I just can't remember what I did! Has anyone else experienced this (and can remember how they sorted it)? Any help gratefully received! Andy

Prock
Grand Senior Member

Re: Lost connection to UR22mkII

Post by Prock » Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:32 pm

I would disconnect the AI then go into the Win 10 device manager and uninstall it. Then reconnect and let Windows reinstall it.

Regards. 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 10.0.40, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: GSi VB3-II, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Willbax

Post by Willbax » Wed May 01, 2019 1:50 pm

Hi Prock, Thanks for the suggestion - tried that but afraid it didn't work :-( Any other suggestions gratefully received! Andy

Willbax

Post by Willbax » Wed May 01, 2019 2:33 pm

Hi Prock, Just to let you know that I'm sorted thanks to an earlier post of yours - removed the Generic Low Latency ASIO driver and UR22 driver now loads ok. Quite why it suddenly started to interfere is still a mystery though. Anyway, thanks for your help. Andy

Return to “General”