Tracks receiveing unwanted pitch bend

Post general topics related to Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 and Cubase Elements 9 here.
afrech

Tracks receiveing unwanted pitch bend

Post by afrech » Sun May 26, 2019 6:59 pm

I've noticed this issue starting with 9.5 but it may be that it's something else in my setup

I'll often be listening to some midi on a loop and things will start to sound 1 semi too low, often on the track i'm editing. I've found that if I draw a line of pitch bend data at 0 for that region of midi, it will snap back to correct, but it's a bit of a pain. I don't have any external controllers attached, so I'm not really sure where this little phantom pitch bend is coming from.

It happens especially if I'm looping some midi and I change the patch on the synth. (doesn't seem to matter which synth) The loop will start playing at -1 semitones when the new patch kicks in

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,
Andy

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: Tracks receiveing unwanted pitch bend

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sun May 26, 2019 7:35 pm

Hi,

Could you add a MIDI Insert MIDI Monitor, just to make sure some of the device really send the PitchBend. What synth is it?
Martin Jirsak
How to show notes of the chord/scale only
Cubase Training

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

afrech

Re: Tracks receiveing unwanted pitch bend

Post by afrech » Fri May 31, 2019 1:39 am

Thanks, I will try that out and report back if I catch it next time. It seemed to be happening on quite a few different synths. Some running through jbridge, but not all.

Return to “General”