Elements 9.5 Reactivation limits

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
olejason

Elements 9.5 Reactivation limits

Post by olejason » Wed Dec 20, 2017 3:46 pm

I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer in my searches. I have a mobile recording project coming up which will necessitate installing Cubase on my laptop for tracking. At the end of the session I'd like to backup everything, uninstall Cubase, and Reactivate the license on my desktop for mixing/mastering.

It is possible I'll have to do some subsequent tracking once everything is mixed... which will require uninstalling on my desktop and Reactivating on the laptop again.

My question is, is there any sort of limit on the frequency or number of Reactivations I can do? Worst case scenario I might need to do this numerous times throughout the week. Easy answer is to just buy two licenses I know :D

KHS

Re: Elements 9.5 Reactivation limits

Post by KHS » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Not sure about limitation for the software Elicenser. But in your case, wouldn't it be more easy to buy a USB Elicenser and put your license on there? That way you can just install Cubase on both computers and all you have to do is to move the dongle between the computers.

Prock

Re: Elements 9.5 Reactivation limits

Post by Prock » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:38 pm

I'm not sure about a reactivation limit but...

If you purchase a USB eLicenser and install the CB E 9.5 license on it, then you could install Cubase on both computers and use them both by just switching the USB eLicenser to the computer you want to use it on.

Regards 8-)
PRock Studio

DAW: Cubase Pro 9.5.10, OS: Win 10 Pro x64, CPU: Intel Core i7 4700K @ 4.0GHz, RAM: 32GB/DDR4/2800MHz, Graphics: 4GB GeForce GTX 960, Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon, AI: PreSonus Studio 192 Mobile, Mic Preamp: PreSonus TubePre, Headphone Amp: PreSonus HP4, Studio Monitors: Mackie MR5, 3rd Party VSTs: VB3, SampleTank 3, Amplitube 4, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, EZDrummer 2

https://soundcloud.com/prockstudio

Return to “Presales”