Cubase Pro or Cubase Artist?

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Oldhippiechic

Cubase Pro or Cubase Artist?

Post by Oldhippiechic » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:17 pm

We used Cubase in our small studio when it was version SX 3. We no longer have a studio but record our own acoustic group. We've gone through using Cubasis as well as Auria on the iPad but now want something we can put on a Windows laptop for Mixing, Mastering etc. We'll be recording onto the iPad and then transferring to the Windows computer. Since we were familiar with Cubase I started looking into that program again. I'm not sure if Cubase Artist would be enough or if we'd have to go to the Pro. We do not do Midi and will have less then a doz tracks per suggestion and also the best way to Any suggestions as well as the best way to interface from iPad to Laptop transfer, would be appreciated.
Thanks

svennilenni

Re: Cubase Pro or Cubase Artist?

Post by svennilenni » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Oldhippiechic wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:17 pm
We used Cubase in our small studio when it was version SX 3. We no longer have a studio but record our own acoustic group. We've gone through using Cubasis as well as Auria on the iPad but now want something we can put on a Windows laptop for Mixing, Mastering etc. We'll be recording onto the iPad and then transferring to the Windows computer. Since we were familiar with Cubase I started looking into that program again. I'm not sure if Cubase Artist would be enough or if we'd have to go to the Pro. We do not do Midi and will have less then a doz tracks per suggestion and also the best way to Any suggestions as well as the best way to interface from iPad to Laptop transfer, would be appreciated.
Thanks
With what you are describing as requirements, even Cubase LE will do, so that´s not really helpful for anyone, to give you useful advice - So just as in all those many other "which version should I buy"-threads:
-Look for the features you think you need, then check the manual, if the version you are wanting to buy has it.
-Buy the Artist version, and if you think you´re missing something upgrade to Pro - cost will be the same as buying Pro directly.

Romantique Tp

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:39 pm

Yes, we'll need a little more info than that to tell you if you'll need Cubase Pro.

I would recommend getting at least Cubase Artist since the stock effects and instruments are pretty good. Definitely much better than the stuff that came with Cubase SX3.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Oldhippiechic

Post by Oldhippiechic » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:18 pm

Thanks for the info. Can you tell me if we record in Auria on the iPad and transfer to Cubase Artist on the laptop, via AAF will the Automation transfer as well?
Also, when we used Cabasis on the iPad we had Latency issues. Is the new Cubase Artist better in that regard?

Oldhippiechic

Post by Oldhippiechic » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:06 am

One more question, should Cubase Artist work well on a laptop? I can dedicate it to Cubase without a lot of other programs working. Thanks for helping. It's been a long time since I' e worked with a DAW and I want to make sure the program and the hardware will play well together.

Romantique Tp

Post by Romantique Tp » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:16 am

Cubase Artist should work well on most recent laptops. If it came with Windows 10 it will likely be fine.

For low latency audio you'll need an USB audio interface, or a mixer with ASIO drivers.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Oldhippiechic

Post by Oldhippiechic » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:35 am

Thanks. We do have a USB Audio interface so we should be OK.
Anxious to get back to using Cubase....it's been a long time.
I really do appreciate the help from these forums.

planarchist

Post by planarchist » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm not even sure you need Artist as Elements may be enough for you. It will record more than the number of audio tracks you've mentioned and since you have no need of the MIDI and VSTis then the better quality ones offered in Artist are of no use to you.

Since you can download a demo of Elements without needing a dongle (which you do need for both the demo and full versions of Artist and Pro) it's worth a trial at least I would think.
Nic

Cubase Pro 9.5.10, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Tascam US1800, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 9.5.10, Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 7 Ult 64 bit SP1, Steinberg CI2+, Yamaha THR5.

Cubase Elements 9 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 1.9.9 iPad Mini 4 64GB

Oldhippiechic

Post by Oldhippiechic » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:37 pm

I'll do that, Thanks!

Return to “Presales”