live midi stream microtuning and output real time

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
intrasound

live midi stream microtuning and output real time

Post by intrasound » Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:29 pm

I would like to ask for help to see if cubase will support my project need.

I need cubase and a plugin to take a live midi stream input into a program such as Cubase to implement and apply real-time live 432 Hz tuning,
tuning of 432 a@ 12 true fifths to be (more resonant to me, than equal temperament).
It has been suggested that some sequencers such as Cubase offer built-in support for Hermode or alternate tunings when using VST instrument plugins. Goal: real-time midi stream conversion and output of the notes from this simplistic non tunable midi input device in 432 12 t 5ths.

Appreciate and thank you in advance to know if Cubase would support this need, and which version and what plug in. I am new to this field, and am a home user.

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: live midi stream microtuning and output real time

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi,

In any DAW, you can send Pitch Bend on all channels to change the Main tuning.

But I don't think you will get more resonant. It depends on the synthesizer. Most of today's Instruments are sample based. So they play the samples back. You will not get more resonant.
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Return to “Presales”