Elements 9.5 Quick Controls

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
xoundboy

Elements 9.5 Quick Controls

Post by xoundboy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:54 am

The Online manual for Elements 9.5 indicates that quick controls are available in the track inspector...

https://steinberg.help/cubase_elements_ ... 2Ccontrols

.. however, I don't see them there and they aren't hidden either. Is it the case that Track Quick Controls are not present in Elements 9.5 and that the manual is just wrong? If so, are they present in Artist 9.5? (I would buy a dongle and download a trial except that apparently you can't try out Artist 9.5, only Elements or Pro versions are available in trial mode on the official download page https://www.steinberg.net/en/products/s ... ubase.html, which is a shame.)

I can't even find a way of asking Steinberg support - I just get a link to a distributer. Is that because I only have the license for Elements, and as such don't qualify for real support? I'm hoping that someone here can give me some answers because Steinberg don't appear to have the information available anywhere. I spent hours searching.

Thanks

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Elements 9.5 Quick Controls

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:06 pm

The web version of the manual is the wrong manual. That's the manual for Cubase Artist and Pro. The manual clearly states which features are exclusive to Cubase Pro.

This is the actual Cubase Elements 9.5 manual:
https://steinberg.help/cubase_elements_ ... ual_en.pdf

To contact support, register your Cubase license and log into your MySteinberg. There should be a support tab.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

xoundboy

Post by xoundboy » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:58 pm

Thanks for the link to the proper manual for Elements, Romantique Tp. I can now see that Elements doesn't support Teack Quick Controls.

@Steinberg, if you're reading this you might want to fix the misleading links on this page https://steinberg.help/cubase-manuals/c ... ments-9-5/ which are apparently pointing to the wrong documentation.

0to60music

Post by 0to60music » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:55 pm

I'm sure I must be missing something, but the manual inked to by Romantique lists on the first page that it is a manual for "Cubase Elements 9.5, Cubase AI 9.5 and Cubase LE 9.5" On page 411, the manual says "VST Quick Controls (not in Cubase LE)". Are you saying that Cubase Elements 9.5 and Cubase LE 9.5 are actually the same thing? I've seen other posts that indicate that they are not the same product. If they're not the same product, than Quick Controls should be available for Cubase Elements 9.5, correct? Thank you for helping clarify this.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Cubase Elements, AI and LE use the same executable file. The version that's loaded depends on which license you have, so they also share the same manual.

Cubase LE has less features than Cubase AI, which has less features than Cubase Elements.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

textman

Post by textman » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:15 am

@Romantique That doesn't actually answer the question.

My experience is that Elements does not have Track Quick Controls and that Steinberg has also blocked implementation of some MIDI controller data recording and use within Elements. For example, good luck trying to get VST Quick Controls to work seamlessly in Elements. It's like they hacked up Pro to get a low-price version, and it does seem like a bit of a hack job.

Steinberg does not mention the omission of Track Quick Controls (or other issues) on their comparison page, and it is not documented anywhere that I know of.

Return to “Presales”