Upgrade Cubase 5 educational to 9.5

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
sipovka

Upgrade Cubase 5 educational to 9.5

Post by sipovka » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Hi all,
not sure it is the right place to ask, but still :
I have a Cubase 5 educational version with a dongle and i would like to upgrade it to 9.5 (Pro or Artist)

I saw an option to upgrade from Cubase 5 (and other older versions) via the Steinberg online shop so my question is can i upgrade even though
my version is educational? Will i need a new usb dongle or i can add a 9.5 license to an existing one?

-steve-
External Moderator

Re: Upgrade Cubase 5 educational to 9.5

Post by -steve- » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:13 pm

Yes, I have done the same. You should buy the upgrade from Cubase 5 (assuming that's the derivative you have, and not Cubase Studio, or Elements etc.). Once you apply the update to the license you will have a regular retail version. Make sure the version you choose to update from matches what you have.
Cubase Pro, Nuendo, and Dorico Pro; latest versions available.
Windows Pro 10 | i7-3770k | GA-77x-UD5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid
Macbook Pro 2011 | Mac OS 10.11

svennilenni

Re: Upgrade Cubase 5 educational to 9.5

Post by svennilenni » Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:00 pm

sipovka wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:39 pm
Hi all,
not sure it is the right place to ask, but still :
I have a Cubase 5 educational version with a dongle and i would like to upgrade it to 9.5 (Pro or Artist)

I saw an option to upgrade from Cubase 5 (and other older versions) via the Steinberg online shop so my question is can i upgrade even though
my version is educational? Will i need a new usb dongle or i can add a 9.5 license to an existing one?
With an update, the license is updated from 5 to Pro 9.5 The 9.5 license is not added. You still only have one license, but it can reside on the same USB key you already have.

Return to “Presales”