32 bit VST

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
Brettr

32 bit VST

Post by Brettr » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm testing a trial Cubase Elements 9.5 and I see that 32bit VSTs are not usable. Is there any way of using 32bit VSTs with Pro or Artist? I spent a small fortune of UAD cards that I don't want to junk or upgrade to UAD-2 (>$US 700).

Also, is Elements basically the same software as Pro and Artist? I understand it's less capable and has less options, but the base software is the same, menu, dialogues, screen layout etc.

Thanks
Brett

Martin.Jirsak
Forum Elder

Re: 32 bit VST

Post by Martin.Jirsak » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:22 pm

Hi and welcome,

Cubase is 64-bit only since Cubase 9. This is true for all Cubase derivatives (Cubase LE/AI/Elements and Cubase Artist/Pro).

Cubase LE/AI/Elements id one bunch of application, Cubase Artist/Pro is another one. I mean, they are built separately. But of course, they are using the same code. The engine is the same, the GUI is the same, etc. From the user point of view, just a less features.
Martin Jirsak
http://www.cubase-training.com/EN/

Cubase Pro (last officially supported version all the time)
macOS (last update)

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:42 pm

You can use jBridge to use 32 bit plugins.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Brettr

Post by Brettr » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks for the answers (^.^)

Return to “Presales”