Download or buy full package; which one?...

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
changedforever

Download or buy full package; which one?...

Post by changedforever » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:29 pm

Hi gang,

The difference between the download version and "full boxed package" of Cubase 9.5 pro is about $100.00. If I choose to download it, do I have a choice (since I AM paying for it...) of saving the download to disk and then installing from there or does their download manager just install the program and you have no access to installation files unless you re-download the program.

The reason I'm asking is if in the future I lose access to internet and need to re-install the s/w on my system; it'd be helpful to have access to what I've paid for. OR, if I choose to replace the hard drive / update computer I would need to re-install the program. With the boxed set, I assume it would have the program on DVD / DVD's for re-install...

Hauptwerk has several packages I've paid for over $1,000.00 for; they download in packages that are saved to disk and then uncompressed, resulting in 20 - 30 GB of data. Just wondering how Cubase download works; if the same, I'd like to save $100.00.....

Thanks,
Mark

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Download or buy full package; which one?...

Post by Romantique Tp » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:39 pm

You can download Cubase at any time by using the Steinberg Download Assistant:
https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/co ... stant.html
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

-steve-
External Moderator

Post by -steve- » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:51 pm

Steinberg uses a download manager that just downloads the files, and you can back them up. https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/co ... stant.html

I don't know where you're seeing that pricing, but I would double check it. The price difference should be about 20 USD, and that's for the USB key that you'd have to buy separately for $40.
Cubase Pro, Nuendo, and Dorico Pro; latest versions available.
Windows Pro 10 | i7-3770k | GA-77x-UD5h | 32 Gb | UR-RT2 | MOTU Ultralite mk3 hybrid
Macbook Pro 2011 | Mac OS 10.11

planarchist

Post by planarchist » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Further to Steve's comment about checking the prices differences (£17 here in the UK which is, again the price of the USB Licenser), I don't think they actually ship the product on a DVD anymore anyway, you still only get a download link in the box along with your USB Licenser and License code.

There was when 9.5 first came out a Media Pack option which DID include a DVD but even then it wasn't that much different in price.
Nic

Cubase Pro 9.5.21, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Tascam US1800, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 9.5.30, Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 7 Ult 64 bit SP1, Steinberg CI2+, Yamaha THR5.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 2.5 iPad Mini 4 64GB

KHS

Post by KHS » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:21 pm

I can confirm all is as it should. Here in Denmark the price difference is 149DKK (Just below €20) which is just the cost of the elicenser.
Cubase 9.5 Pro - Presonus Audiobox 44VSL - I7-7700K - Gigabyte GTX1070 Xtreme Gaming - 16GB RAM - Gigabyte Gaming 5 Z270 mobo.

changedforever

Post by changedforever » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:48 pm

Thanks all for your replies; sorry for my lack of a reply but never got a notice in my email about this thread; I was wondering why I wasn't getting any replies so I came out to the forum to find your replies.

I guess I'll just order the boxed set and then that should come with the USB key (I hope).

Have a nice weekend,
Mark

Return to “Presales”