Prospective buyer Q: what about the doc?

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
chrr

Prospective buyer Q: what about the doc?

Post by chrr » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Considering buying Cubase Artist vs. other DAWs, I'd like to know how serious, thorough, and reliable (UP-TO-DATE!) the written documentation is. I skimmed over the Operation Manual, and my first impression is good, but I need opinions.

I don't want videos. I don't want to ask in the forum every five minutes, I don't want to google and browse for hours just to do what the software is designed for, and I don't want to have to email support and wait when something is missing or wrong in the doc. Of course, I'm not talking about exotic or extreme stuff, just recording, editing, mixing, mastering, as an indie artist.

I've been burned once too many with this kind of cr*p, and would appreciate opinions from longtime users, and of course a few words from the company as to where they stand on this.
:?:

planarchist

Re: Prospective buyer Q: what about the doc?

Post by planarchist » Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:48 pm

Why not download the manual and have a look?
It's not the most riveting read but in general I think everything is covered and it's up to date for every version. It's not a tutorial based thing though, there is a Getting Started guide but I'm afraid for understanding most of the basics in getting started the videos really are better.
Nic

Cubase Pro 9.5.21, Abs.Collec.3, i7 4770K 3.5GHz, 32 Gig RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Tascam US1800, S'berg Midex 8.
Cubase Pro 9.5.21, Abs.Collec.3, i7 920 2.67Ghz , 24Gig RAM, Windows 7 Ult 64 bit SP1, Steinberg CI2+, Yamaha THR5.

Cubase Elements 9.40 on Windows 10 Laptop, i7-2760QM 8Gig RAM, Sonic Port VX.
Cubasis 1.9.9 iPad Mini 4 64GB

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Prospective buyer Q: what about the doc?

Post by Romantique Tp » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:08 pm

The Steinberg manuals are always up to date, they actually edit it if a free update includes major changes too.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Return to “Presales”