Cubase Elements Install for all Users

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
stlaurenceschool

Cubase Elements Install for all Users

Post by stlaurenceschool » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:47 pm

I am trialling this to install at a school. each machine has potentially 1000 users.

I have installed v9.5 elements trial on a domain joined PC and it works fine for the account that installed it (administrator). however logging in as any other user none of the VST instruments/sound files are showing up.

advice? obviously a per user fix is not an option this needs to be globally set by the admin during install.

Thanks

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Cubase Elements Install for all Users

Post by Romantique Tp » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:28 pm

The installer should offer an option to install for All Users to the bottom left. Running "Start Installation.exe" again and forcing it to reinstall every Cubase component should hopefully fix it.

If this doesn't work, you might have to uninstall everything first by going to the Windows Control Panel and selecting Programs and Features. The Steinberg stuff is all grouped together.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

stlaurenceschool

Post by stlaurenceschool » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Thanks, I’ll try that Monday. Related note, there are a LOT of Cubase related things in Programs and features, around 20. Rather than remove them one at time is there an uninstaller or a script or something that will completely remove Cubase. Planning on managing 30 + workstations...ideas?
Thanks

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Post by Romantique Tp » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:40 pm

If simply reinstalling Cubase and its components doesn't work and you have to uninstall everything, you can try this program:
https://www.glarysoft.com/absolute-uninstaller/

It offers a batch uninstall feature. While installing this, make sure to untick "Create a desktop icon for Maiagames" and "Install Glary Utilities".
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

Return to “Presales”