Do I need to uninstall Elements Demo...

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
reberclark

Do I need to uninstall Elements Demo...

Post by reberclark » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:38 am

Hi,

New to Cubase here. I am considering a crossgrade from SONAR Platinum.

I've been working with the Elements demo version and have decided to try the full demo. So tomorrow I'm buying a USB elicenser and downloading the Full Cubase trial. Do I need to uninstall the Elements demo and its accompanying soft-elicenser before I do so? Will the full trial be treated as a separate trial from the Elements trial?

Thanks for any and all info!
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

Cubase Pro 9.5.3, Finale
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Romantique Tp
External Moderator

Re: Do I need to uninstall Elements Demo...

Post by Romantique Tp » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:19 am

You don't have to uninstall Cubase Elements. The additional content from Cubase Pro will be installed on top of the Cubase Elements content, and both versions will coexist. You can safely uninstall Cubase Elements later using Window's "Programs and Features" panel.

Yes, the trials are separate from each other.
Every time someone says "it must be easy to add/fix", a programmer dies.

Cubase Pro and Wavelab Pro (latest), Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, MSI Z87-G45 GAMING, i5 4690k, GeForce GTX 760, almost every Steinberg plugin and expansion, Trilian, Komplete 10, etc etc etc etc

reberclark

Re: Do I need to uninstall Elements Demo...

Post by reberclark » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:17 pm

Thank you.
"In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is."

Cubase Pro 9.5.3, Finale
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

Return to “Presales”