Want to buy Cubase Elements 9.5

Interested in Cubase Pro 9, Cubase Artist 9 or Cubase Elements 9? Having questions regarding the update or upgrade to the latest version? Please post here!
DizzyLizzy

Want to buy Cubase Elements 9.5

Post by DizzyLizzy » Sat May 12, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi
I am an expat living in Spain. After using the trial version, I want to buy the full version on-line through the Steinberg website.
The problem is because of my IP address Steinberg thinks I am Spanish, and everything is in Spanish, even though I set the language as English.

More importantly, I only have a UK credit card, and the Steinberg site prices the product download in Euros (because it thinks I am Spanish).
I want to pay in Pounds Sterling using my UK credit card (and address), and receive everything in English. How can I do this? Any ideas? I need to download it, I don't want the box version. I am trying to give Steinberg money :)
I thought it would be simple - at the end of the trial, a button saying "buy full version now" :lol:
Many thanks
DL

marQs

Re: Want to buy Cubase Elements 9.5

Post by marQs » Sat May 12, 2018 11:09 pm

Try checking the language settings of your browser. In Chrome it's possible to define a prefered language that keeps websites from automatically switching from website.com to website.de or website.es - just a few websites I regularly use do so anyway, but some do.

No idea though if that helps with currency switching. There are plenty music stores online that sell Cubase versions as well (sometimes even cheaper than the SB webshop), deliver fast or immediately (it's just a mail with codes) and allow you to pay with whatever method/currency.
Cubase 9.5 | WL 9.5 | Fireface UFX | UAD2 Octo/Quad | Win10 Pro 64 | i7-7820 x | Asus Prime X299-A
http://www.secretsource.de

DizzyLizzy

Re: Want to buy Cubase Elements 9.5

Post by DizzyLizzy » Wed May 16, 2018 11:18 am

Hi
Thanks for thst. I have checked that the settings were set to English.
In the end I phoned Steinberg. As my IP address is in Spain, that is what their software uses, and there is no way around the Euro pricing. I couldn't even pay over the phone. You just can't give some people money.🤣

In the end I ordered the box from the UK, and it is being sent to Spain. Job done (hopefully).

Return to “Presales”